love hurt me bad

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by love hurt me too much, Jan 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love hurt me too much

love hurt me too much Well-Known Member

When I tell people about my suicidal thoughts all they ever do is point out that I have a family who cares and a place to be, but they never understand that when people you love hurt you, especially when you're younger, that kind of thing doesn't matter. I've been hurt several times, and sometimes I lie down and just think how calm it would be to end it all. All the long nights of tears, having to pretend nothing is wrong, all the people in my life saying how crap at stuff I am. But nobody realises the strenghth love has had on me. Anybody feel the same?

2. iwanttohelp

iwanttohelp Well-Known Member

Yes, love can be painful and your doing the right thing by crying it out with tears.

I like to meditate and let my mind drift off far into other worlds.

You dont need to end it all.

You can just put on some relaxing music in headphones and let your thoughts wander off into eternity.

Doing this gives me some relief each day.

3. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

love is either the most strengthening and comforting of things in life, or it is the most weakening and hurtful things in life... there is really no in between. the good thing tho is that with family, it is (generally) a constant that has peaks and valleys. it carries on even in the deepest of ebbs.

so when you're feeling low... you can still comfort in the fact (generally) that even though your family may be mad or disappointed, they still love you.

that doesn't make it "easier" when they insult you and cut you down and etc, no.... in many ways it makes it harder, b/c then you find yourself wanting to leave and yet feeling you can't or shouldn't. i went through this many years with my family...... that's why now, i talk to them over the phone like maybe 2 times a year, and i talk with some of them on fb occassionally, but the last time i visited any of them was 10 yrs ago. i cannot take the pain the love of my family comes with. not saying that you need to ditch them completely, or as harshly as i have mine, but it does sound like everyone involved could use a break from one another a bit. to you live in their home or they in your home? if so, could you maybe go on a weekend trip, even if just to the motel for a bit or to a friend's house... or maybe even a week? if not, can you just cease contact for a couple days or a week?

4. love hurt me too much

Thanks guys, but I'm 14 and ther's no hope of leaving anytime soon. Music does help me as well, but it's still quite harsh. And I've barely ever had those peaks of love, just the valleys...

5. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

wow, sorry, i should have asked your age first....

can you tell us a little bit about what kind of love you are referring to that is hurting you (lover, friend, family, religious, etc) and the ways it has hurt you... maybe we can help you a lil more that way?

6. MessengerFromHell

MessengerFromHell Well-Known Member

You are only my nephews age.a long way to go and be patient I know my advice is petty and stupid but thats it. You have a bright future ahead. Dont waste it

7. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi, Love Hurt Me Bad,
    Go and speak to someone, it helps. You are young and got the rest of your life ahead. Nobody will judge you here, you are among who will give support. Take care and respect.

8. scaryforest

scaryforest Banned Member

use this experience to grow

9. love hurt me too much

Thank you everyone, demuredawn both times were lovers, and they did hurt pretty bad. The first one moved unexpectedly, and the second one slammed everything back in my face after I told her my feelings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.