Love is bollocks

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by passer, Jun 15, 2009.

1. passer

passer Active Member

I love someone , but she doesn't me for my looks, fuck love it's all about looks everyone keeps telling me I'm not ugly fuck that , why would I be single for so long, I want this girl , I need her, She's my perfect match, It's like God is playing games with me...

2. NotSureAnymore

NotSureAnymore Well-Known Member

I've been single for a while.. and I think the same thing. Either I'm not pretty enough or I'm just too fat to have someone. But then I figure, hell it aint my fault that the majority of people in this world are full of shit. Don't be so hard on yourself. xxx

3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

Attraction plays a big part, that is what that love is all about, i have friends and family that "love" me but no one that wants me in the other way. I think its the same thing as you think about yourself. We have to be perfect in attracting someone.

4. passer

passer Active Member

pfff i might just buy a cat and addopt a child, there's still prostitution for sex if i would ever want that and oh well why would i need someone to love me...

5. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

It's always the single people that hate love and the taken ones that adore it. Having been on both ends, I just thought I'd note how it all changes based on perspective.

I find that love is a very random thing. Most people get it by luck more than anything nowadays. That chaos is often unsettling but at the same time it can give a lot of us hope.

6. passer

passer Active Member

It doesn't give me hope I wish I could never fall in love

7. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

The quote in my signature says it all.........:dry:

Sorry I can't give much advice seeing as I feel pretty much the same way, but thought I'd least post something to show you you're not alone. If you ever wanna talk feel free to PM me.

8. wibble

wibble Well-Known Member

Mate, you think like that, you never will.

Go and look up 2 guys called "doc love" and "david DeAngelo" on the interweb. they do free dating articles and I would highly recommend reading those.

Failing that, googlesearch the term "Antidump's machine" :biggrin:

9. passer

passer Active Member

yea your quote kinda fits me :D, i added you on msn :)

10. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Love's nothing more than a few triggers in the brain, no worries mates!

Fall in love in three easy steps:

1. Spend lots of time with somebody
    2. Have that person be similar to your view or schema of a good partner, make sure you fit that person's - i.e., if you're like me, there's no chance of getting along with somebody looking for tall, blond, handsome, athletic, and wealthy; however it would be different if her schema wasfunny, charming, cute, dark haired, smart, and social.
    3. Share interests.

Boom

Love is born.

j.

Yay for sociology and psychology - answering all life's philosophical questions.

11. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

Hah, true, I learned that in anthropology! It's part of my whole take on the random nature of it. If you think about James, everything you said could just, well, simply happen out of nowhere. You don't have to intentionally go out of your way to do any of those things, and that adds to both the frustration and the hope of love.

12. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

Haha How true!

Life's lesson for today: Just make sure at least 80% of your friends are of the opposite sex :tongue:

13. passer

passer Active Member

that's a big fail for me then xD:biggrin: