Love life, and life will love you.

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Keeplookingup, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Keeplookingup

Keeplookingup Member

Hi! I used to suffer from depression. I remember coming back home from school and just shutting the door behind me, burying my face in the pillow and blanket, and just crying to myself. Year after year, I'd get more and more afraid of being alone, or remind myself of the past. Ironically, I couldn't even realise that by allowing these thoughts to build up within me, I was perpetuating my own pain. Not so good.
    This year, nearing the end of 2013, I promised myself I'd at least try to dig myself up from my hole. I get it, it isn't always easy to break the shackles, I would say that it was actually way more comfortable stuck in the pit. But you can't give up. Even if no one believes in you, at least know that I do. You are not alone, and you will never need to be. When I promised myself to get back up, I told myself " whatever happens, happens." The problem we have nowadays is that we get so stuck on one thing, that we allow ourselves to drown in its own pool of pain. Reach out. Maybe not to someone else, or maybe do reach out to someone else. But just try. When I was 15, I looked out of my window one day, and for the first time, I could see everything; the Sunlight, the trees the colours. We can choose to look down or look up. So I beg you, look up. Look up, and you'll realise- Love and happiness has always been within you. all we need to do, is appreciate it.
    Don't give up.

2. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Thanks for this, I always like seeing these type of threads posted.

3. TomB

TomB Member

What would you recommend for my friend who is color blind, and when ever he looks out the window his eyes are incapable of seeing any color on the landscape. His parents passed away, so his life is rather difficult having no one to rely on. Ohh and he's not even 18 yet. And did I mention he has a slight physical disability?

As much as I would like to admire these type of threads, they are flawed, they are only applicable to a select small group of people. Some people can't just tell them selves to be happy, because they have real physical problems versus the ones fabricated in your head where you feel sorry for your self for selfish reasons, due to the fact that you have over inflated ego, which the primary cause for making you think think this way.

I admire the effort tho. And I can already see the comment ,"if it helps just 1 person, it was worth it" coming my way. Well what if it helps one, but hurts 20 in affect due to your inability to articulate a proper sentimental message? Then I would guess its not worth posting?

I already know that someone is viewing this who is also crippled with physical disability , such as someone in a wheelchair which a spinal cord injury. That person is probably just thinking, how I wish I could just tell my self I am okay, and just get out of this wheelchair and walk. Such a thing is not possible, unfortunately....
    might be possible in the near future due to medical advances. Yet your thread acts as as sad reminder to them, that some problems can be wished away, some cannot... how cruel. So actually this is why I don't like these types of threads, because you don't think about what you say, and who this type of message could target. And that it could potentially do opposite of what you intented, which is to remind someone that his problems simply cannot be wished away with a change of attitude.

I pardon you this time, but next time consider what you are writing before, insulting this forum with this nonsense about just wishing away that your problems going away.

Sincerely, Tom

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
  4. Ima.robot

Ima.robot Senior Member

Dont listen to the haters keeplookingup, youre not doing anything wrong.

About the depression thing, just because it forces people to feel sad, doesnt mean they cant try to have a good attitude to get better. Feelings=/=attitude. All keeplookingup is trying to do is inspire others to have an attitude to get better, good on him.

5. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

The Law Of The Garbage Truck

On my way to the airport the other day, I decided to go by taxi. Driving in the outer lane, seemingly out of nowhere a car forced its way straight from a parking space in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on the brakes, which sent us into a skid and we missed the other car by only a few inches. The offender wound down his window, shook at fist and shouted at us. To my astonishment, my driver kept his cool. He just smiled and waved at the other one in a friendly way.

‘Why did you do that, when the chap almost ruined your car and sent us into hospital?’ I asked.

‘Ah well,’ the driver replied, ‘I forgive him because he’s one of those who obeys the law of the garbage truck. He doesn’t know what he’s doing to himself, as far too many these days do, unfortunately.’

When I asked him what he meant by that, he continued: ‘In my view, some folks are like garbage trucks. They are filled with the emotional debris of their accumulated frustrations, anger and disappointments. As it piles up in them, from time to time they have to relieve themselves by dumping some of their rubbish. If you happen to get in their way, they pour it onto you. There’s never any need for taking things personally. That’s why I just smile, wave, wish them well and – if you believe in this kind of thing, like I do – bless them, then simply move on. I never take their stuff on board and I refuse to spread it to those around me at work, at home or on the streets. They too haven’t deserved that kind of treatment.

‘Anyway, I believe that what we send out into the world returns to us like a boomerang. That’s why to those who dump their rubbish on others nothing but refuse can return. People who are content with themselves and their existence in the great scheme of things, do not allow the contents of other people’s garbage trucks to ruin their days. They know that life’s too short for regrets and that it’s better by far to love those who treat us right and pray for the ones who don’t.

‘Everybody has a different perceptions of life. If we think of our world as a garbage dump, that’s all we shall be able to see and we remain blind to the millions of good things that are everywhere, in people and situations alike. As a result, we slowly but surely glide into an ever darker and more gloomy view of our world. This inevitably leads to depression and an ever stronger impulse to escape from such a place by whatever means available: alcohol, drugs – prescribed and unprescribed – and finally suicide. Those who choose to focus on everything that is good and positive in this life instead, get ever more involved with this side. To me, life is ninety percent perception. How we make use of the remaining ten percent depends entirely on the choices we make.’

Recommended Reading: