Love of my life

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Kinglonely, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kinglonely

Kinglonely Member

I just found out that the girl I am in love with is engaged to someone who is terrible for her. I don't think I will attempt but the thought that I will never be with her again is driving me crazy. I know she is terrible but she is my first love and it is really hard to witness what I see

2. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

tht sounds really tough. i myself am currently in love with someone who i will very likely never be with, tht's a very unbearable feeling.. i hope u will be able to cope with this, and if this girl and her partner really don't match, i hope they realize it. u sound like u're young [no offense], so i'd say u hav the whole world open for u tho, i'm sure u're gonna meet some other nice girl if it doesn't work out with this one, tho i kno it doesnt feel like that right now, but i believe it's true.
    hang in there in your heartache, i kno it's hard.

3. Kinglonely

Kinglonely Member

It is unbearable an I am young so no offense. It's harder because I always see or hear about them an they didn't even get together till Friday and got engaged on Sunday. I just don't understand why I can't find the same thing

4. truthhurts

oh wow, yea tht's a seriously fast development there. normally people wud date like at least 4-5 months before getting engaged, tho there are exceptions in happy marriages as well, for example my parents got married a little less than 2 months after they started dating, and they met like a month before that i believe. but well, 3 days.. that's insanely fast in my opinion. but moving on to the next point, i believe it is partly because u are young that u havent found anything stable yet. i myself am 18 and have never really had a lasting relationship, but i think it's normal, becuz most teenage relationships dont last [with exceptions tho]. as for the unbearability [funny word there xD] i believe only time can really heal it if u have to move on, that's basically the only thing that has really helped me with past experiences.

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I'm sorry for what you're going through. But you deserve someone better than her. I know it hurts right now, but the pain won't last forever. I don't know when the two of you were together, but I do know that it does get easier... the pain goes away. And you still have lots of chances to find someone who's really right for you, and who won't hurt you.

6. Kinglonely

Kinglonely Member

It's just that people always told me I could do better but I've never had anything else. The pain of this might go away but I doubt I'll ever find anyone else. Sorry for sounding like a whiner that's just how it is.

7. truthhurts

i dont think u sound like a whiner, i think it's totally normal that u feel this way. i've also felt like i cud never be in a relationship with anyone again after my first relationship didnt go so well. i didnt think things wud get better, and i can't rly say that things are perfect now since i dont hav a perfect relationship [or any relationship right now for the matter] as of now, but i've figured that in order for that to happen, there are things in myself i need to adress. that meaning personal issues. i don't kno about your case much but, i think it's highly likely that u'll meet someone new who's good for u. and i rly hope u will. but i also think if u make that your only objective [meaning "if i get that, i'll be happy"], u're gonna be in trouble, because every relationship has its troubles, even if it's gonna work out in the end and last for a long long time. anyway i hope this made sense since im rly tired now xD, its morning here alrdy ;p. i'd say focusing on things that make u happy, other than a relationship, shud help u be able to keep being positive for the time being, since only thinking about her will definitely make u sad. i hope it goes well for u^^

8. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

I'm not dissing you or anything but how and why did you think that her fiancé is terrible for her because in these sort of situations its easy to allow jealously to create images of people that aren't there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.