Love or BPD by proxy syndrome.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Newt, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Newt

Newt New Member

Anyone here ever been in a relationship with a person who had BPD? Experienced BPD by proxy?? I did. Now I cannot imagine being in a normal relationship with a normal woman.. I'm sorry if this forum is not the right place to discuss this. She committed suicide, that's why I'm on here. I didn't know she was BP until she done it. She hid it from me. Her family told me afterwards. knew very little about BPD and how it affects people. When I started researching and learning about it it became instantly clear she was a classic case study. Now I'm wondering if it was real love or if I was caught up in the BP by proxy syndrome. If it wasn't love I think I would rather be caught up in a lifetime BPD by proxy relationship. We were together nine months and engaged to be married. It wasn't just a fling. I have never been so happy, the sex was only part of it. She had the most vibrant personality and she was the most intelligent woman I've ever known. A natural beauty inside and out. Anytime was quality time with her. She just hit what was described as a manic low. I never knew suicide was a possibility and I was with her every day. I miss her so much. Its been two months now and she is still all I think about. I'm very thankful for the time we had though.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Sorry for your loss and hope you have support now to help you through such a difficult time