Love = Troubled Soul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone goes through a phase were they either question or maybe experiment with sexuality. In your case its likely just that because, trust me, you cannot kiss someone for hours on end without wanting to let things go a little further. If you have not been all the way then I doubt your a lesbian.

But, best be honest with your friend - maybe she wants to cool off, not so much because of you - but maybe herself. Reassure her that what was between you remains in the strictest confidence.

Thing is, its awkward to become just good friends even after a kiss. And if I had any feeling for a women I'd walk away from that 'just good friends' set up if the feeling was not reciprocal. A lot of men extend the pain by hanging on in there as a shoulder to cry on whilst she gets her physical needs elsewhere!

Then again I'm a man so the dynamics here are uncharted territory for me.

You seem level headed enough to get over her if it comes to that.

Good luck!

After talking to her, she said to me that she wants to go on with the kissing and so, but she says it's just a kind of a game for her. She enjoys it, but it means nothing more than that.

I don't know... I suppose this is more than nothing. Even if it's a game, I'll still have her by my side, which is all that I want. But it's sad that all those feelings from last summer are gone...

Kirsty_Ann

Hey,
As you shared this story; i'll share mine: i am not a lesbian either. . . i know generally i'm attracted to men and want a family etc . . .
yet one of my friends and i developed a similar relationship to what you developed or at least sounds like . . . we hugged, held hands, fell asleep on each; she told me countless times in the morning that i was stunning and that she loved me, on my birthday she brought me cake, champagne and a photo book she made to my bed etc etc you get the picture.
Then in January last year she just decided she couldn't cope and left me (my mum had just walked out on me so it was difficult time for me) and i was heartbroken - not sure why as i know i didn't want a relationship with her as i'm not that way inclined yet i knoew it hurt. Then my group of friends went on holiday together in June and she started all over again and was all over me and said that she wanted to be there for me again and was all touchy feely. I'm at Durham uni and she even came up in November and shared my bed and held hands whilst we slept etc, then it got to a couple of weeks later she decided that she didn't want to talk anymore and completely blanked me since . . . with the exception of me being in hospital for an OD, she texted saying sorry and she wish she hadn't told me she wouldn't care if i died or not.
From that day i haven't heard anything; it hurts like hell but i know that things would never have developed anyway as i wasn't into her in that way yet there was this connection that i cannot really describe.
I'm not sure if i craved love so much i'd even accept it from her, i really don't . . . maybe try to work out what was unique that you were getting from the relationship with her and see if you have ever got that anywhere else before or whether it was because she was willing to offer it that made you feel that way?

I hope that helps a little . . . it does get easier :)

xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00