Love vs Hate

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by ~PinkElephants~, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

I don't know if this is where this belongs..by all means move it if you must.

I have been sitting here thinking...alot. My mind won't stop.

Why is it so much easier for someone to hate than it is to love? Why is it so much easier for someone to pick up a gun and kill another human than it is to embrace them and say I love you? Why is hate the emotion that rules us? Why can't love overpower hate?

I don't know if there are any right or wrong answers..or answers at all. It's just something I've been thinking about.

2. ACRon

ACRon Well-Known Member

Some clever sod decided that they knew better, that clever sod told everyone about it, before you know it, love is a disease. My guess is its about balance and keeping things in moderation. As both extremes of love and hate are sought after. What could stand to be taken into account is that everyone in the world is capable of both, whichever extreme they fall into, if either.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Antiquitie's Friend

It's funny but when you're single you think "Why is everyone else in a relationship apart from me?". "Why does everyone else experience love apart from me?"

I'm coming to the conclusion that for everything that's true the opposite is also true.

4. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Ziggy!!! :hug: wheretf u been? :eek:hmy:

5. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Erm..Not to be rude, or anything, but can we go back to Kells' question? :unsure:

As for zee question, Kellz..
    I'm not really sure..
    I think hate is an easier emotion, than love, honestly.. :dunno:

6. Ziggy

Kell's question was "Why don't people care about each other?

Terry's answer was "They do"

Thanks Terry, will no doubt catch you later in another thread. :biggrin:

7. ~PinkElephants~

My uestion was not why don't people care about each other. It was why do people choose to hate rather than love.

8. Ziggy

Sorry but to me Love and Hate are meaningless concepts.

I care about the planet, I care about animals and plants, I care about other people. Do I love or hate? I don't really know. All that's important to me is whether I care or not.

9. ~PinkElephants~

please just close this thread.

10. Ziggy

Sorry, did I say something wrong?
    We can't get on?
    Why is it so much easier for someone to hate than it is to love?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.