Love?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by nicola, Mar 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicola

nicola Member

I was photographing an event last night, and one of the performances was a dance. there were three couples on the floor, and while taking pictures, i zoomed in on the last pair. The whole time, they gazed into each others eyes, and just seemed to "get" each other. Without words, or overridden cliches, or exagurrated movements. And the picture came out great... But the thing is, being behind the lens all the time is lonely. I mean I love it, its the one thing that makes sense, but you have to sacrifice "living" the event, and settle for watching it.
    And I have never been in a relationship, so I don't know anything about it. My question is, is it really worth it? I mean its everywhere. Songs, movies, even on this forum- many of the topics have something to do with love or lack of it... And I mean couples always seem so happy. And isnt that what we all want? Happiness? Even if its only temporary?
    Does depression stem from feelings of being unloved, or does it inhinbit the ability to love in the first place? I feel that if only I could overcome the loneliness, it would get better... But sometimes I guess it can be lonely with people too.

2. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

Love between a couple is over rated, but is marketed to the masses as an ideal in order to keep them docile.

3. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

This word isn't in my dictionary.

4. Quezi

Quezi Member

If 99 years of a blissfully happy marriage concluded with a baffling, humiliating, heartbreaking, betrayal (as most relationships do) - I wouldn't want it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.