Love....

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by NoGood, Nov 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

Discuss....

It confuses the hell outta me. Its random. It comes outta nowhere and knocks you off your feet. It can leave you high and dry. Fill you with happiness.

How messed up is L.O.V.E!???!

2. Silvio

Silvio Well-Known Member

Depends on what kind of love.With high divorce rates, children getting abused by parents etc. I do concur, although I have not experienced much "unconditional love", I have loved some people, only to be let down, so I guess from my experience, yes most of the time love is fucked. On the other hand there are those who have found happiness through life.... marrying the right partner, raised kids who they loved and whom loved them back....not without the occasional arguments of course....but through traits like acceptance and fidelity, because of "love".

3. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

Sounds like Kate has found a man, no?...Or a lady? lol :laugh:

4. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

hahahaha - shadddd upppp!!! ;)

5. NoGood

NoGood Well-Known Member

It makes you act like a total fool!

6. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I want to cry because I have never experienced it. Not truly anyway... but I will second that, it makes you act like a total fool.
    Chemical imbalance in the brain - oh definitely. One of the few times it's fun to be crazy! :D

7. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I wish I knew enough to reply, but unfortunately all I have is blind infatuation for people that do not want me.

The sad thing is because I am so a lone and do not get attention or attraction, my mind creates an attraction for the girls I do know that are "possibles" as in I am not so close as a friend to rule it out, but it all just messes with your head, if you didnt fall romantically when you first met you have very little chance at all.

8. Confusticated

Confusticated Well-Known Member

Love doesn't have to be messed up :)

9. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Ditto :rolleyes:

10. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

Being in love is the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me, even though I eventually ended up being hurt I'm still very happy I got to experience it. I doubt I'll ever feel like that again but it was amazing while it lasted

11. Kris.T

Kris.T Well-Known Member

It definately is strange. It can put you on the highest high, or make you experience crushing lows. I honestly can't think of anything else that can vary someones emotions that much.

12. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

Love is something a doctor cannot cure.

13. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

yes they can its called electroshock therapy

14. Terror

Terror Well-Known Member

Deprsion and Love are two different things.

Depresion cannot be cured with ECT, but some have used it to threat depression. No scientific prove this really helps.

15. Confusticated

Love is giving someone the power to break you, to rip you open, but trusting them not to. It's putting them not just before yourselves, but before everything.. when they're involved, they ARE everything.. When you find yourself crying yourself to sleep, it's not because you're unhappy, down or depressed.. It's because you're so happy that you have this person, that they really do love you, this person that you could never ever deserve, this one person who surpasses perfeection beyond so many levels, they can't be real. They just.. can't.. yet, they are and they're yours. You know in your heart, in the whole of your soul that you'll always have them, they'll always be there. This person, you find yourself missing, when they're just across the room. You can look at them, and have the whole world disappear, but then you realise that it didn't.. they are your world, they're your everything. Nobody can hurt you, it's an impossibilty if there ever was one. You're not strong.. to be strong means that you can still be defeated by something stronger.. you just are, you're a single being. Nothing can break you, not because you're unbreakeable, well actually, no.. You kinda are. Love isn't depending on another person, it's intwining your heart and soul with them. They're all you can think about because it's all there is to think about in a sense. It's all you want to think about.
    I can go on and on, but you get the picture I'm sure?

Love isn't messed up, it's the single most beautiful thing there will ever be.. what is messed up? Some minds will never be open enough to accept this existance.. therefore they will never understand.

You can attack me, say what you want. You're all welcome to. None of it will matter to me though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2009
  16. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/70352.php

and it was more a joke because it erases your memory

17. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Hahaha :laugh:

18. Rolo555

Rolo555 Well-Known Member

There is no such thing as love. Only survival.

19. Confusticated

There is such thing as love. You just haven't found it yet. Don't give up on looking if it's something you want.
    But then, it might just happen out of the blue. Don't disregard it.

20. bluemummy09

bluemummy09 Member

Well I'm very confused about that four letter word (love!)

I never thought I'd do the Love thing as I've never been able to trust anyone enough to let them in. Of course I still dreamed about it though and had my idea of Mr Right.

I never found Mr Right but I did find Mr (very very) Safe. We have been really happy together til I got really ill (physically and mentally) after the birth of our daughter. Now through therapy I've been looking at my life and realised how much the traumatic cr*p that happened in my past has affected me.

The BAD crap that happened to me has effected so much stuff in my life and I have done many other BAD things as a result. But what about the GOOD stuff, like my husband (Mr Safe) and my daughter? Can they still be GOOD even if they came from something BAD?

Argh it's so screwy! :sparkle:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.