Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by freedom, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freedom

freedom Well-Known Member

Thought I stopped believing years ago, is it possible to stop believing, even if you want to? There are so many theories, ideas, beliefs and faithful hopes, can one be the best description? I think/feel like I might be in love with someone I knew well years ago, but lost in the haze of absence and time. Recently we've begun to bring the life back to the freindship we once had, but we're both very different people to the one's we knew when we were good freinds. Is there such a thing as love? And if so, what is love? Can dreams be the same as reality?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I think in relationships we should stay in the moment as much as possible and not concern ourselves with where they are going...they we be as they are supposed to be, and why miss anything being concerned about the future...enjoy the other person's company and little else will matter...J
  3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

You will know, thats all i can say.
  4. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

That's very similar to s situation I have found myself in recently except he is in a relationship with someone else. I am certain I love him but it may be based on a memory. I believe that I love him enough to be his very good friend and not expect him to love me.
  5. the_only_one

the_only_one Well-Known Member

love, natures way to trick people into reproducing;)
  6. Louis03

Louis03 Well-Known Member

Ultimately a fondness, friendship, that's what lasts. Anyway, I can't talk about this stuff it's too painful. -_-
  7. freedom

freedom Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the good advice :)

Thought I 'knew' once before, we both did, that didn't go so well lol better to laugh than cry about it. That's what destroyed my belief in love those few years ago. If I had never doubted love several more years before then, the person I spoke about at the begining of this thread and I may have never lost one another. That day was the worst of my life, if I'd thought about that a lilttle more maybe things would have been different and we both could have been alot happier. Maybe. Maybe a little more confidence in love would have let me 'know' sooner. With love people should just 'know' keeping faith in that ideal has been very hard. We met young, but there will always be five years and nine days between us, I always thought that would be a barrier between us. There's sixteen years between my parents though, they met alot later, they never got married and couldn't be happier together :) I'm lucky to have them. No idea where I'm going with this, no idea what I should be asking, no idea what I want to even know. Thank you to anyone who can put up with my whining and reads this through and thank you all the more to anyone who replies. :) freedom
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.