Loving what's bad for you

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Twinkle ☆ Twinkle, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

So, there is this guy I really like a lot. We use to be dating over a year ago then he dumped me because I was being supposedly to paranoid and accused him of cheating on me. He said it wasn't right to be together if I didn't trust him.

Frankly, I think he hit on Julia* while being with me. He was dating this girl Julia on the internet after we broke up who turned out to be a guy. I think he might have had some other hidden girl friend hidden somewhere. >.<

Since, I could never actually prove my accusations I decided to forgive him and talk to him every once in a while.

I was so angry when he dumped me. I cried for days and cut myself over it to make the pain go away. A lot of my friend suggusted I stop talking to him that he was bad for me and only going to hurt me. I liked him so much and didn't listen.

So is it normal to still like someone after so long after they hurt you? Is it normal to like someone even though they might be bad for you?

*Julia, isn't his/her real name. Just made it up as a substitute name.
  2. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

Normal is to subjective view, but yes - i understand what you mean, im facing a slightly similar situation, and i dont think its doing me any good :(
  3. Twinkle ☆ Twinkle

Twinkle ☆ Twinkle Well-Known Member

Hmm, I see. I'm sorry for whatever your sitation may be. My situation doesn't do me much good either.
  4. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

:hug: i would spout a cliche or two, but i dont even believe them atm, so ill just say this:

my PM inbox is open if u need a private word with someone
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Is it normal? I don't know but it's common from what I've seen. Most of my relationships were similar- I wanted to leave but it took sometimes months/years to leave.