• You may receive an error message when sending PMs at the moment. The message you're trying to send has been sent and if you refresh your screen, you will see it. Otherwise you may get many repeated messages. We're working on this!

Lower entrance requirements for University if you are bipolar?

Not open for further replies.


Well-Known Member
Hi I'm from the Uk and I am looking to go to uni soon. I am also bipolar and it affects my work a lot. Often, if you have been ill then universitys will lower the entrance requirements, and I was just wondering if this could happen because of my being bipolar? The problem is, noone at my college knows about it so I am not sure how I would go about this.
I think you need evidence - an extenuating circumstances form and maybe a doctor's note at the very least. The 'extenuating circumstances' form is a must though, from what I believe. That seemed to be the way with everything even vaguely out of the ordinary at uni - you need a paper trail...

Don't take my word for it though, please! Ask around / ring your prospective uni and ask.
You would certainly require an extenuating circumstances form from a doctor, this might be the opportunity to be open about what's going on and get more support through your A-levels...


Well-Known Member
I'm not sure. I know that you would have to get a whole bunch of stuff from your doctor/psych/people and probably write a "description of circumstances".
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount