• Both the iOS/ Apple iPhone/ iPad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recieve a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resources area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

Lower entrance requirements for University if you are bipolar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anarulesmenow

Hi I'm from the Uk and I am looking to go to uni soon. I am also bipolar and it affects my work a lot. Often, if you have been ill then universitys will lower the entrance requirements, and I was just wondering if this could happen because of my being bipolar? The problem is, noone at my college knows about it so I am not sure how I would go about this.

I think you need evidence - an extenuating circumstances form and maybe a doctor's note at the very least. The 'extenuating circumstances' form is a must though, from what I believe. That seemed to be the way with everything even vaguely out of the ordinary at uni - you need a paper trail...

Don't take my word for it though, please! Ask around / ring your prospective uni and ask.

You would certainly require an extenuating circumstances form from a doctor, this might be the opportunity to be open about what's going on and get more support through your A-levels...

Viro

I'm not sure. I know that you would have to get a whole bunch of stuff from your doctor/psych/people and probably write a "description of circumstances".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$310.00
Goal
$255.00