Lucid dreaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For these past few weeks it's been incredibly hard to shut my mind up and sleep. So I pulled out some old memories while thinking, and remembered how bad I had lucid dreams a few years ago. I accidentally stumbled on lucid dreaming around 14 and had some really trippy experiences, stuck in the 2nd stage of sleep but not really asleep. I found out how to lucid dream though. It's by letting your body fall asleep before your mind does.

Step 1: Lay down straight, no curling up, and your arms are on your sides and get as comfortable as you can. Close your eyes.

Step 2: Relax your entire body. One by one shut down your muscles that are tense, completely let go of your body at this point.
Even your jaw should be slack.

Step 3: After a long while you will maybe feel an itch or a need to move. Don't do anything. These sensations are from your mind trying to make you move because it's still awake and you move when you're awake, to this your subconscious mind is wondering what the hell is going on and it's trying to fight the urge to completely relax.

Step 4: Imagine a golden light emanating from your entire body, scanning up and down through your system and relaxing your body even further. You take in a deep breath, and 2 seconds after slowly let it out.

Step 5: After a long while you will feel certain parts of your body go numb. You can barely feel them. This is alright, now start to imagine yourself dislocated from your physical body, staring at nothing but the back of your eye-lids.

Done. From then on you should start to see/hear/feel weird things. But you can control your dreams, by just thinking, and harnessing your thought process and sharpening the keen edge of your mind.

For me I had stumbled on to this after I had thought I'd been abducted. I was laying down and suddenly someone called my name various times in a whisper, while I felt my loose body floating off of the bed. I didn't realize until later that it was really me whispering my own name. Other times I had been asleep and suddenly I had fur instead of skin. I had heat waves vibrating the hair folicles and I was on fire. I'd wake up lathered in sweat and gasping for air because during those rare occasions I couldn't breathe.

That is what I call uncontrolled lucidity. But these steps will make your lucidity controlled, and you can even fly. I love lucid dreaming because I can do whatever I want to inside my mind. I hope this helps.

flowers

Um... is it weird that I don't do any of those steps and my dreams are still lucid?
I hope you are able to direct the dream activity in a good and useful way. It can be a very positive thing if someone is able to make it that.

if "lucid dreaming" are not good expereinces for you, perhaps you can ask whatever or whomever you believe in for help to not do that in your sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00