Lucid Dreaming

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by I-Died-In-My-Dream, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

Can anyone else here have lucid dreams at will?

I would recommend everyone to try it. A way to escape reality for awhile.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I have read a lot about it. Tried to do it, but I'm not really sure how to try and do it. I've read about different ways of doing it, but when I get into bed, I usually just forget about it and let my dreams take me where they will. I only remember having one or two lucid dreams in my life when I was much younger.
    I would recommend it to, but not as an escape from reality.

3. I-Died-In-My-Dream

I-Died-In-My-Dream Well-Known Member

All I did was just realise the signs that I'm dreaming such as, time tends to skip quickly, it's never as light as day and I'm usually talking to people I don't talk to. When you realise the signs you can automatically change the scene of your dream. Think about the signs that are telling you your dreaming just as your drifting of to sleep and it might work.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I have had lucid dreams, but they came naturally. I hate them , it makes me feel trapped and unable to escape. How does one go about inducing a lucid dream?

5. unbearable

unbearable Well-Known Member

http://www.ld4all.com/ Has lots of information, you can choose to look at the guide or use the forum on there, It list the different methods like MILD, WBTB and WILD and other peoples experiences, tips etc.

daisychain, when you say you feel trapped do you mean that you cant get out of the dream? there may be info on there of how to wake yourself up and get out of it because ive seen people on there talk about dreaming of bad things and waking themselves out of it.

x

P.S am I allowed to mention another site on here?

6. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes you are allowed to give any links here except anything with methods.

By saying I felt trapped in the dream I meant i cannot wake from it, then eventually wake feeling terrible and claustrophobic. I will take a look at the the link! Thanks so much :hug:

7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I've been trying for well over a year to have a lucid dream now. I was successful once.

I knew that I was in my room when I was going to sleep, and I woke up in the living room. I immediately sensed that this was a lucid dream! Excited, I went to walk, kicked in real life, and woke myself up. :( Be careful not to move until sleep paralysis kicks in.

8. Nihilist87

Nihilist87 Member

I've always wanted to be able to dream lucidly. I've only really done it a couple of times and I woke up more-or-less straight away. Also, if you're interested in this, I recommend watching Waking Life. It's a beautiful film.

9. requiem46

requiem46 Active Member

I don't really want to know how to getl ucid dreams every time I fall asleep. Sure, they are good once in a while, but once in the lucid dream, I always remember that the things I'm seeing aren't real, and eventually I'm depressed about not living in the damn dream's world :mad:

10. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I've had a few lucid dreams. Sometimes they're really nice, but often times I want to move my legs and can't. So I'm annoyed.

But of all the experiences in life that shape me, two very important ones came from lucid dreams. Overall, I don't think they're that healthy for you--each lucid dream prevents you from recharging.

Still. How many people who have danced with suicide didn't at one point hope for an "Obre los Ojos/ Vanilla Sky experience.

11. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

I would LOVE to have a lucid dream. I'm currently keeping a dream journal and working on trying to improve my dream recall. It is my goal to have at least one lucid dream by the end of the year. I've heard that they can be really helpful in conquering phobias and whatnot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.