Lupus?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by rojomi, Dec 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Anybody here dealing with any form of lupus? I am, and it's quite a strange illness. Many diseases are diagnosed in people who have lupus,but don't know it; thus it's one of those illnesses that masks itself w/ symptoms of various other treatable problems. When you have lupus; any 'symptom' needs to be examined-i.e.;is it the lupus, just a bug, or all in my MIND? Not fun.
    Treatable, but ultimately fatal-such is life.

2. RySp123

RySp123 Guest

sorry hun, nothing to do with Lupus yet bothers me coz i know so little about it. if you ever feel, a short descriptive of it would sure enlight me and a few others.

thanks again
    granny

3. rojomi

rojomi Banned Member

Systemic lupus erythematosus (lupus, SLE) is an autoimmune disease in which a person’s immune system attacks various organs or cells of the body causing damage and dysfunction. Lupus is called a multisystem disease because it can affect many different tissues and organs in the body. Some patients with lupus have a very mild condition, which can be treated with simple medications, whereas others can have serious, life-threatening complications. Lupus is more common in women than men, and its peak incidence is after puberty—the reason for this is unknown.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.