Lurking... for now

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by Jethro, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jethro

Jethro Member

Only seems polite that as a new user I should read up before posting or responding. Get a feel for things.

Suffice it to say that <mod edit- methods> every day, and ask, "is this the day?"

So far the answer has been "no." But that becomes harder and harder.

I am convinced that there is no way out of my situation, and the odds are 10,000,000:1 that I will not see Christmas this year. But. Gonna read up for a bit first; while I'm confident that my situation is unique, you never know. Looks like this resource has been around for a while so I have some reading to do.

In my case:
    -Massive, irreversible Debt
    -Death of a spouse
    -Unemployment
    -Unemployable
    -Loss of friends
    -GF who cheated on me
    -Utter failure with women due to unattractiveness
    -Childless only child with no family

...and a few other issues.

But, those topics have probably all be covered, so it's time for me to do some reading.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2014
  2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Even if those topics have been covered, every situation is unique. I hope you'll reach out, post more about what's happened and what you're going through.

Oh, and welcome to the site, BTW.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

everyone situation is unique in that they experiance it in different ways Things can change call financial people who can help you with your debt payments Get a hold of government agencies talk to them about you unemployment issues go on welfare until a job becomes available or on unemployment benefits always people to reach out to ok You need to ask your commmunity leaders to help you.
    Hope you continue to read here and you will see others struggle as well with lost of the ones they love or they too have been cheated on and they somehow moved on and so can you
    One day at a time ok keep talking to us you will find you do not feel so alone anymore hugs

4. Jethro

Jethro Member

Thanks.

I see that you're in Canada; in the US, we don't have the kind of support for people who are down. If I had lived in Canada when my wife's cancer required so much expensive treatment, I would not be bankrupt now. I lost everything -- my savings, my house, my 401k, even my job -- trying to keep her alive. And now I'm in a situation where even if I could find a minumum-wage job, after paying my health insurance, I would have $450 a month left to live off of.

I know this sounds strange to people outside of the US, but this is how our system is set up.

Thanks for the kind words. I've read through a number of threads, and I take a bit of grim humor in seeing that no one so far has screwed up his or her life as much as I have. Yay, I'm #1... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.