Lying about "this".

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by nrvsreck, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

I have cuts all over. Many are hidden. Some aren't. I have many old scars on my left hand, but they're mostly faded except for a couple, but I've never been asked about them. I have one large scar on my left arm, but it's only visible when I wear really short sleeves. Never been asked about that one either. My problem is the one on my right arm, starting at the center of my right hand and going about half way up my arm. About a foot long. Absolutely impossible to cover in the Summer. I was even asked about it when I was still wearing long sleeves last Spring. It's just way too obvious. It's too dark, too straight. I usually just say I cut it on a bit of barbed wire or something and don't go into any detail. I have a story planned about a bar fight (yeah, OMG :laugh:) for anyone that insists on digging deeper, but, thank goodness, that hasn't occurred yet. And I suck at lying. An old work buddy asked me about it yesterday and I just told him I tripped on something and cut it on a hunk of t-post. I doubt he bought it. He's so fake anyway, it doesn't really matter.

Anyway... what do the rest of you do when confronted about this?

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

Because I'm new to the whole cutting thing (began a few months ago) it's been winter so I've been covered. But I'd just say 'cat scratches'...
    Not that the vertical cuts look like cat scratches...but anyway it'll do!

3. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

the "cat scratches" it`s a good one, but when he scar is too deep, you can`t say that, you better may say you did it with a machine in an old work you used to have some time ago, or you can say it a surgery scar, or an attempt of robbery that hopefully just gave you that scar, because the guy was too drugfull that he didn`t find you neck. I`ve been Si since last 4 years, and as more time pass since the beggining , more incredible must be the lie.

for you blackness, i recomend you to stop, as soon as you can. you will end up sleeping and harming yourself all day long, trust me.

if any of you ever need to talk, pm me. take care

4. nrvsreck

nrvsreck Well-Known Member

Actually a couple people asked me if it was a surgery. But since I've never broken a bone or had a surgery I decided I wasn't prepared to tell the long story of the imaginary ordeal. Now on the rare occasions when I cut I do it someplace that isn't normally seen.

5. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

you shold think about it, but let me tell you, when you start lying you can`t stop, and that includes sh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.