M.E./CFS - Zero quality of life

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by gforce7, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gforce7

gforce7 Active Member

I suffer from ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and have so little energy, along with constant flu like symptoms, I am mostly housebound. It is a lonely, isolatating, scary way to live - constant fear of the disorder getting worse and being bed bound. I have attempted suicide a number of times - about 7 or 8? since I was 17, I'm now 31- because of it - 3 have been close calls but I'm still here :(

Does anyone else on the board have a chronic physical illness that makes them suicidal?

ooops, posted in wrong section...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi gforce, welcome back to sf. I had been wondering about you!

I don't suffer from a physical illness but I can relate to much of what you said. I am housebound -caused by anxiety-. I have no energy at all, your post has got me wondering if I do have chronic fatigue syndrome..

I am glad that you are still here. Even if it is a struggle, there must be good days and small things that you enjoy doing that make life a little easier to cope with :) ..:hug:

3. StitchM

StitchM New Member

Hi there gforce, my name's Bev.

I am 19 years old and I too have CFS/ME. It is plausibly one of the worst things that I have dealt with. It feels like I'm not living, only surviving. I am not housebound but I am a fraction of who I once was. I have a walking stick, which as a uni student, earns much abuse from my fellow students.

I used to have many depressive thoughts prior to coming down with ME but suicide is certainly something I think about a lot more these days.

Was there anything that seemed to trigger yours? I had Glandular Fever at the age of 16 and never *fully* recovered, when about a year ago it got so much worse.

There is a UK based forum over here for CFS/ME sufferers. Everyone is real friendly and willing to listen at any point - www.chronicfatiguesyndrome.me.uk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.