M.E./CFS - Zero quality of life

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by gforce7, Oct 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gforce7

gforce7 Active Member

I suffer from ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, and have so little energy, along with constant flu like symptoms, I am mostly housebound. It is a lonely, isolatating, scary way to live - constant fear of the disorder getting worse and being bed bound. I have attempted suicide a number of times - about 7 or 8? since I was 17, I'm now 31- because of it - 3 have been close calls but I'm still here

Does anyone else on the board have a chronic physical illness that makes them suicidal?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

when i am in alot of pain my depression does worsen. I have pain in my back and hips sometimes to point i can't walk. It is those days i do have more suicidal thoughts as everything becomes more overwhelming as i cannot get things done. I take the good days and try to get most of the things done then and organize what is most important and do those things first when i have energy.
  3. Robin

Robin Guest

Hiyas, I use stumbleupon.com .. and I stumbled on a science page that claimed researchers in Belgium had discovered a verifiable test that could accurately detect ME. Something to do with good bacteria in gut getting replaced by bad bacteria, the bad bacteria producing poisons that further gets complicated in the body as the body tries to deal with it. They say they first approach subjects with anti-biotics and whatever else they do. They also mentioned a lot of ME sufferers have a history of digestion problems.

This is all off the top of my head though.

Am really sorry but I didn't bookmark the page and have been researching stuff for days so am pretty tired but maybe with that information someone here or yourself will be able to verify the information and find out if it is somewhere you could go to be treated?

W"elcome to the site. am sorry you are suffering so and am sorry to love ya and leave ya, should be back properly in a day or two though if you send me a pm I'll prolly respond to it when I spot it :)

Tc :)
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

I have chondromalacia patella, a deterioration of the inside of the knee cap. It runs in my family. I cannot get surgery because my knee holds me up.

My knee always hurts, but when I move around on my knee, it starts to burn. Then I have to stay off of it for a couple of days. I have to pick and choose what I do and I get very frustrated.

I do a lot of crochet when I can't move around much.

5. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I live with chronic headaches and get a migraine at least once a week..The migraines usually hang on for two or three days..When I am like that I have to stay in bed with no lights,curtains pulled, and no sound..I have been dealing with these for years and the only thing the doctors can tell me is they are hereditary..On the days when I just have a headache I suck it up and decide I am having a good day..So yes I am in pain all the time..
  6. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which isn't usually severe, but I have an abnormal case. I also probably have lupus, but I haven't had an official diagnosis and I don't have access to good healthcare. I am sick every day. I get frequent respiratory infections with flu-like symptoms (kind of like you) and it makes me miserable.

Most people with Hashimoto's have mild symptoms, but I started going bald when I was 10 (I'm female) and literally doubled in weight at one point. My growth was stunted and my hands and face are swollen and I look like a freak. I also have pulsatile tinnitus that I've had since I was 12, which means that every second of every day I hear my pulse REALLY LOUD in one ear. In the other ear I hear a high-pitched wail. Sometimes it's hard to understand what people are saying and I prefer to watch movies, etc with closed captioning.

I am also 31 years old and I just feel like I can't do anything. I posted this brief list of my symptoms: http://www.suicideforum.com/showthread.php?p=769948#post769948
  7. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

yea I have physical problems, I have something wrong with my head where I feel all out of it and dizzy and I have this low testosterone problem which makes me useless as a human, life sucks, when I am alone in my little world I almost come to an accepting of it, but when I go out in public I realize how inferior I am

my dilema is I am not really responsible for this and other people are in their own way, I am not to keep on just killing myself though my body is telling me to die and I am not one to fight what my body is telling me

Don't know what to tell you, physical problems suck, your health is the only thing that matters in this world
  8. monnie101

monnie101 Member

I have Chronic Fatigue Disorder and Fibromyalgia. (With depression of course) It makes life really hard but recently with the help of a case worker, I got on disability which helped me a lot and I'm so thankful for. I try to think of it this way, their are people out their with worse things and in much worse places. So I try to keep busy with my hobbies and things.

I've been thinking about trying a nutritionist to help me try a healthy diet. I'm not too optimistic because I've previously done a lot of research and tried herbal treatments and organic foods only to have no different result except a costly bill. But I have to keep trying.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.