made a half assed attempt

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Danialla, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Made a half assed attempt a few days ago. I feel so bad, my pdoc is so good to me and //i know I let him down. I want to write him an I'm sorry card because I don't want to lose him as a doc and I am afraid that he is going to throw his hands up at me. Do you think that is appropriate? Have you ever apologized for your behavior? Has a Pdoc ever just dropped you as a patient?

thank you

2. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Danialla, A good doctor will not abandon their patient and it sounds like you have a good doctor working with you. Doctors know it's part of their job dealing with things like this and it will just continue to motivate them more to help you. I don't know the nature of what's happened but if you feel it's appropriate, write a sorry card. However, don't be sorry that you were feeling down and you did what you did. I'm sure the doctor understands that it's just a reflection of the difficult time you're going through and not a reflection on them. I hope this helps and I also hope that you're feeling better.

3. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Danialla, I hope that things are better for you. I was thinking that you have a very caring nature thinking of your doctor in that regard. I think it's a credit to you. If you need to discuss anything, this forum is always open. Husky.

4. Danialla

Thank you Huskey for acknowledging my empathy. I do care about people involved in my care,and others of course. (Actually I feel sorry for them;-() Sometimes my caring contributes to my problems because I am reluctant to ask for help when I do need it. But caring is also what keeps me alive, a truly double edge sword in my opinion. At times caring makes me crazy, but thank you for noticing:)!

5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi honey, good luck with the psychiatrist. I did make an attempt while under the care of a psychiatrist but he did not walk away in fact they worked harder to get me straight again, and I hope yours works out like mine did. Please let us know how it goes :)

6. sudut

sudut Well-Known Member

don't worry about pleasing your pdoc. the good thing is that you are still alive.

7. Danialla

I am a people pleaser by nature. Most of the time I would rather please people than be alive. In fact that is the biggest reason I still am alive, to keep people happy. Meanwhile I just bury myself deeper and deeper.

8. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Danialla,

Thank you too for your nice comment. I think sometimes the most difficult thing is that the most caring people are often those who are most suspectible to hurt. That's hard to live with if you're caring but for those who are caring, it's harder to live without no matter how much pain it causes them. I think you're a person who may be this way. I think you're a person who would walk down the street and would like nothing more than seeing other people with a big smile on their face. Well, you've put a big smile on my face just knowing there are people out there like you. Thanks again for your message. Husky

9. Danialla

Well just an update, I saw my pdoc for the first time since my half assed suicide attempt and my doctor did not abandon me, in fact he told me I was his hardest working patient. I have been having ECT for the past year and He said that none of his patients go to work the same day that they have ECT...I do. He said it was his responsibility to get me feeling better and that if we continue to work together that will happen. I feel much better.

10. Husky

Husky Well-Known Member

Hi Danialla, That's terrific news! Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you and your doctor are an awesome team. I like his attitude and the fact that he complimented you on being his hardest working patient. I also like your attitude too particularly in terms of going to work after ECT. That's an incredible effort by an incredible person. I'm pleased you're feeling better now too. Well done! Husky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.