Magic 8 Ball

Status
Not open for further replies.

emotional_girl

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this on, but I wanted to share it with y'all and couldn't figure out a forum that this would fit on. Maybe a moderator will move it if I posted it in the wrong forum...anyway, here goes: When I was growing up, I used to enjoy playing with Magic 8 Balls (for those of you who might not know what this is, it's a ball that looks like an 8 ball in pool, but it has water inside it and a small window with a triangle in it that has answers on all sides; they are all either yes or no answers or an "uncertain". You ask a yes or no question, shake the ball and look into the little window to see the answer). Well, I found a Magic 8 Ball online, where you type in a question and click on the ball to see the answer. I asked if I was going to find a job next week and when I clicked on it to see the answer, it said "You are going to die." That shouldn't have even been an option. They are only supposed to be yes no or maybe. Well, I'm sure some sick psycho put that on there to scare people, but it made me happy. Not that I actually believe in the Magic 8 Ball. I do it as a fun activity to pass time. But, just at the prospect that it might be true...maybe I am going to die next week...it made me happy. Does that make me a sick and twisted person?

I don't think it makes you sick or twisted, it's just a bit sad. I mean I can completely identify with the feeling, but it's a shame that some jerk's little internet joke ended up affecting you in a semi-triggering way.

I do hope you get a job next week instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00