1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maintain friendships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Sa Palomera, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Sa Palomera

Sa Palomera Well-Known Member

Lately I've been slacking off so badly. Ever since I started working up to 40hrs a week I've barely been talking to my friends, apart from my house mates.

Real life friends, I just don't have the time, and when I do have time I'm usually dead tired or have to run errands or do things in the house and such.
    I can't keep in touch with them over MSN either, because I'm barely on msn actively.
    Which brings in the problems regarding online friends. I barely have time to be online, and when I am I either am in the living room watching my programmes and catching up with house mates, or I am in bed. This results in me wandering off/going silent in the middle of convos, or me falling asleep on other people.

All of this has resulted in me barely talking to anyone anymore. There are like 2 or maybe 3 people besides my house mates that I talk to more than once a week. (and I'm not talking about those "hi how are you" convos that die after a minute or 5)

And whenever I do talk to people, it all just dies out.

Have I gotten so boring? I just don't know what to say or talk about. And I don't have the energy either.

I don't want to lose my friends, but I feel like I am losing them.

I don't really know what to do to stop the friendships from fading :sad:

2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

You're tired, not boring. How long have you been working 40hours/week? If it's not been long, you'll probably get your energy back