major depression = chronic emotional pain

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by fighter, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fighter

fighter Member

does anyone else here suffer from major depression? i mean, it's so bad that you have a hard time even getting out of bed.

it stays with me forever. i always feel completely horrible inside. i have no motivation at all to do much of anything. i eat and sleep. i rarely bathe. i dream of how i can kill myself. always feel the pain inside.

there is no help for me. i don't have medication. i just keep getting worse and worse.

2. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

Hey Fighter,

Well, I got diagnosed with Major Depression (MD) two years ago and after taking meds for two months I quit and never want to take them again. I also suffer from Depressive Disorder Headaches caused by MD. I know exactly how you feel coz I am going through all of these myself. I realize meds can't help me because its not the solution, what I need is support and companion and its one of the reasons I am in SF.

I hope you are able to find help because I am able to cope with it somehow being in SF. I can't rely on my parents or friends because none of them cares. My parents are in fact the main cause of my depression. What about you? Are your folks being supportive? I certainly hope they are.

I haven't seen my doctor in a year now and in a way I am trying to help myself. Well, with the right support here I hope you can cope. Maybe we can PM each other and share our thoughts? I just hope this way, I can help you out. Take care.

3. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

I cannot blame my depression on someone else. This is like blaming my parents becoz of the dna they have. Its nnot applicable. They have no control over that. Support must come from professional help or those that has the knowledge of this disease.

How can we make the insane be accountable? When a person is acting or doing out of consciouness is she/he accountable?

4. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

Sometimes I spend all day in bed. Eat, sleep, poop and internet; that's my life right now. I want to get a job so bad but it seems hopeless with all this noise in my head. Every day I dread getting out of bed and just wish I wouldn't wake up any longer. My medications don't help.

5. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

The thing is I have a good reason to say that my parents are the cause of my depression. If you read my welcome thread and all you will know why I saythey are to br blame for the most part. Maybe your parents didn't cause any harm or hurt you before I don't know, but mine certainly does. I never blame my parents for anything unreasonable, they verbally and physically abuse me through the years and what that means then?

Though I was born with spinal problems which isn't diagnosed till I was 21, I wouldn't blame my folks for that. Thats out of their control and I know, what they have done wrong is having no genuine love for me. But yeah, I know most people get the impression that the children are ones to be blame all the time because parents who mistreat their children acts nicely in front of friends and relatives and tell everyone how disobedient their children is and how much they sacrifice for them and we as the children are all bloody ungrateful bastards and shit.

But when you are at home with them, they start finding reasons to beat you and curse you with insulting words like you are the most idiotic person ever, that you should just quit school coz you are too stupid to make it anyway, that you are nothing good at all and shit like that! While I try hard to cope with it, I realize I was weak and let them put me down. But do you think its easy to be strong going through that? I am 23 and even if I am not a matured person, I am at least sensible enough to see why do I feel the way I am feeling now.

Now, when my folks do all that shit to me, they are aware of what they are doing so can they be forgiven for that? Yeah yeah..because nobody knows about it and so its fine. Nothing happen and ooopppps..thats it! Yeah, I know I can't say its 100% their fault but for the most part - yes! I was only 5 or 6 when they start that shit, and how the hell would I be able to fight it then?

Yeah, I guess your folks didn't do nothing bad to you or something so maybe all this don't even apply in the first place!

6. ~CazzaAngel~

~CazzaAngel~ Staff Alumni

I've been diagnosed with Severe Major Depressive disorder. I suppose it's the samething just a worse kind of it. :unsure:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.