Make your own happiness

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Stormrider, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

Yes, make your own happiness, that's what i've heard from several people last week. Not on this forum but in my life.
    It seems so easy right, make your own happiness, the future is in your hands.
    Offcourse people who are lucky have a fun time thinking they made things good.
    Too me it's all one big pile of bullshit.
    I've done too mush stuff the last years to make myself go out more and try to meet new people. Be nice smile pretend you don't have any worries,go to places you don't really like...
    Well it doesn't work, and i'm getting tired of it when people say dumb shit like that. I don't even start a discussion on it with them because i know it'll get me angry. If i objectively compare their lives to mine then all I can see is that all of those "i make my own happiness" people get things easy.

Just had to get this out of my system somewhere
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am glad you got that vent out of your system sometime you can do everything and everything around you is alright but still inside your dying i know

hugs to you
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Happiness is defined differently for each person...for me, it can be as simple as having some pretty flowers (very cheap in the grocery) on the table...I think we have to find what it takes for us...hope you find something that might make you happy and go for it...make it simple and accessible so you can own it...J
  4. LipsOfDeceit

LipsOfDeceit Well-Known Member

Maybe you're not happy because you force yourself to do things that you don't like, like pretending you don't have any worries and going to places you don't really like. Find activities and hobbies that you enjoy and set aside time for such stuff. Take care. :hug:
  5. Stormrider

Stormrider Well-Known Member

that's just the problem i can't do the sports i like because of injuries and my medical condition, and when i did the sports a few years back it never resulted in getting friends, i must be a social disaster i guess. But at least i had a way to remove my anger while sporting and to keep me busy.
    Anyway gonna start mountainbiking this week, maybe it'll work out a bit.

Today is a bad day anyway to do anything if you're lonely, everywhere i go the damn valentineshit reminds me that i'm still a lonely loser. :badday:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.