Makes Me Sick

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by LonelyKid, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LonelyKid

LonelyKid Well-Known Member

I started cutting a week or so ago... i really didnt have much of a problem with it at first it just seemed to help a little but now looking at my left arm and seeing how im running out of space to cut makes me sick... i think about the cut and i wanna throw up i cant believe id do this just dig into myself like that... but every time i stress out or cant calm down normally i do that... how do i not...? Why can't i just stop?
  2. asqy

asqy Well-Known Member

sounds like you're already on a good track to quitting... when you want to cut, remember the sick feeling you get. remind yourself that whenever you cut, that you cannot believe that you did and how it makes you feel like you're going to throw up. are there other activities you can use to calm down? reading, video games, music (listening or playing), exercise? just something until the urge passes.
  3. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

Thik about your triggers. What makes you want to cut? WHY do you want to cut? I think this is a good time for you because you are in the first stages of cutting. So you are more able to assess the reasons for cutting. Cutting has not yet become the end in itself...does this make sense to anyone? I think that at this point, you are able to identify what makes you want to cut and deal with that, as opposed to a seemingly irrational urge to self-harm. STOP NOW! Never do it again. This is the best cure.
  4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I feel ill sometimes too. when i cut it's like I go into a body is possessed sometimes I come into my right mind..throw the knife and start crying. Look at yourself...carving your arm up, i think, how crazy am i.
    It's an addiction hun, thats why you cant stop :hug: i dont know a cure sorry
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.