Makes me sick.

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by shotmillions, Oct 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shotmillions

shotmillions Member

Not sure really why im writing this but, i was just reading stuff and ive noticed how affected i am by reading these posts they make me sick and nervous.

Im a guy and as far as i know nothings ever happened to me.

But i cant even read posts on here i read like one and its made me feel all sick and weird? Is this normal for a guy?

I know things have happened to family members and ex-girlfriends and stuff but i cant even let that go i get flashbacks and imagine terrible things that have happened to them.

And when im having sex sometimes i get flashbacks then or if i know the person im with has had something happen to them i paniac that they get flashbacks?

by the way i get flashbacks but ive never seen anything happen to anyone i just imagine it and its horrible.

Is this normal?

i think part of me feels guilty for not stopping it from happening not that i could of anyway but i just feel so hopeless cuz i cant make it stop.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 30, 2009
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i think you are just sensitive to others pain thats all. You care about them
    Just anxiety maybe as well.

3. TBear

TBear Antiquities Friend

Even therapists get what is called secondary trauma from hearing the accounts of horrific rape and abuse... it is because you empathize so much...

When you care it becomes more real to you. Take care of yourself and don't continually go over it in your mind. The world needs wonderful caring people like you!

4. plates

plates Well-Known Member

you're very empathetic. what you're describing is what i'd feel a lot . i get it a lot in hospitals/inpatient wards so i need to get away.

what i used to work on with my therapists is building some kinda safety barrier, where all the pain from others wouldn't reach me as much. otherwise i'd be feeling others pain all the time and being incredibily unwell. i haven't watched the news for years mainly cos of this..

what you have is a gift but it can also be really bad if you can't protect yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.