Making a difference in this world

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by mew2you, Jan 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mew2you

mew2you Member

I don't know about anyone else, but I hope that I have helped at least one person in this life. I hurt and I hate the fact that other people out there are hurting too. I don't understand why people have to suffer. I just wish that I could help them.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

I know how you feel.
    But I've come to understand, the best way to help another, is to help yourself.
    When I try to help people on this forum, I tell them the things that I need to hear as well. The best way to help someone is to get through it yourself, then you know the way through :hug:

3. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You have to first help yourself and once you are happy and healthy, then you can help others. I basically come here so that I can help people who are hurting. I love helping people and I feel that it gives me more purpose to my life. :hug:

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hello Mewtoyou,
    :shake::welcome:to the forum!! It is good to have people as your self out there who care about others! Even when I am down I still try to give words of encouragement to others. It actually makes me feel a little better about myself. As I see it, it is good therapy for myself. Thanks for caring and hope to see you around!!!~Joseph~

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.