Making a gift - ideas?

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Itsme:), Mar 5, 2011.

1. Itsme:)

Itsme:) Well-Known Member

A while ago my friend lost one of their closest friends (I didn't know them very well)
    And its coming up to the year anniversary in around a month
    and normally I have spent difficult days with her, stayed the night and been there for her... but I know I won't be able to see her on the year

So I decided to make her a present, a kind of box with personalised things i've made/bought to let her know she isn't on her own (cheesey stuff :p), to distract her should she be finding it hard (a new book, puzzle etc) and little things she will like (fave sweets, nail polish etc)

Just wondered if anyone has any ideas on things I could put in
    Have you ever done anything like this? or made your own box of things?
    Thanks x
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2011
  2. vallonia

vallonia Member

Write her a loving and beautiful love letter from you to her telling her how much she meant to you.
    That letter will help both of you.
    You must be a lovely person to be thinking this way.
  3. black_rose_99

black_rose_99 Well-Known Member

Once, I made a friend "postsecrets" with pictures of her favourite things (beaches, sunsets etc) with nice little short sayings that were personal to both of us. They were fairly easy with some thick card and Paint on the computer (i'm not very techie)

A letter is good to, as suggested.

I'd love to know what you finally do! :)
  4. Itsme:)

Thanks for your suggestions :)
    I'll definately do a letter and i will have a go at the post card thing, its a good idea

So far i've go
    - puzzle thing
    - book buy her favourite author
    - origami stars that can be unfolded with things i love about her on
    - cards with her favourite artists with lyrics that she can relate to
    - chocolate
    - some of her favourite nail varnish

i'm stuck for ideas now though :(
  5. black_rose_99

I think it sounds lovely!

I don't know how much time you have to put this together, but if the favourite author has a booksigning somewhere in your area, (assuming they're a current author and DO booksignings) you might be able to personalise it a bit more? I know some authors have websites as well, maybe you could get them to write something special for your friend and put in in a book? I don't know, it might be too much work, but it's an added little touch if you can pull it off!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
  6. Itsme:)

Glad you think its a good idea, i was unsure if people would think it was weird aha

Thanks for the idea ;o
    I will look into it ^.^
    <3 x
  7. black_rose_99

Defintely not weird, I would LOVE to have someone in my life that put this amount of caring and personal touch into a gift.

8. Itsme:)

its nothing, i just wanna give her a reason to smile as she's really dreading it already x
  9. Itsme:)

So i gave her it... told her she couldn't open it till that day
    The day has been...
    She hasn't said anything about it, spoke to me loads... nothing about the box not even a thanks

... oh well
  10. TheOncomingStorm

TheOncomingStorm Well-Known Member

Sorry that you didn't even get a thanks! It seems that you really care about your friend and I'm guessing it must hurt that you didnt get a thankyou considering you put so much effort in :hug: Maybe you could ask her 'did you like the present I gave you'?
  11. rubu.thomson

rubu.thomson New Member

I think you should send some Flowers which she likes most and send some chocolates and Handmade cards will be preferably for her.:rolleyes:

Mothers Day Gifts UK
  12. herenow

herenow Well-Known Member

Hmmm a french manicure set or like a set of nailpolish with a matching nail decor market, candy in her favourite flavour, a plush of her favourite animal, a small puzzle of her favourite cartoon, an aroma therapy product like a cream or something, a japanese sewing kit if you have those hello kitty stores where you are they sell like kits to make fabric cakes and stuff...