Making Extra Money?

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by fromthatshow, Mar 27, 2014.

1. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Anyone know of any ways to make extra money? Like work that can be done at home... or good websites to check out? I have a job at CVS but it is not enough to support myself. I didn't go to college, and have no money to go back.
  2. thedeafmusician

thedeafmusician Staff Alumni

i know some people that fill in surveys? personally i work as a private tutor which means i'm earning cash. i know you said you didn't go to college but you could still tutor children in primary or their early years of secondary school, as long as you have a good grasp of literacy and/or numeracy, up to say, the end of highschool. one of my students is fourteen and currently i'm teaching her about working with fractions and decimals, really simple stuff.
  3. MisterBGone

I don't know if you'd like to go back to college... But if you're able to be classified as independent (age & not under parents' wing, I think) you might have the opportunity to take out a lot of loans to return - perhaps even online, so as to not disrupt your work schedule. When I got to this point, I suddenly had so much excess funds from loans that I almost didn't even have to work anymore. Though I still did. Granted, you've got to pay it all back (& thensome), but it is a potential solution to your problem. Good luck!

ps) of course, you should have the interest to pursue these studies first...