Making Peace With The Person/s Who Harmed Our Site

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Sadeyes, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

For the last five days, I have been working on finding forgiveness for the unfortunate soul/s who had to find his/her/their 'power' by attempting to harm others, and attempted to harm our site. As is one of my usual ways of resolving conflicts within me, I seek counsel. What has helped me to resolve this issue and feel dire sadness for these misdirected souls is the Zen story, The Moon Cannot Be Stolen. It goes as follows: A Zen Master lived the simplest kind of life in a little hut at the foot of a mountain. One evening, while he was away, a thief sneaked into the hut only to find there was nothing in it to steal. The Zen Master returned and found him. "You have come a long way to visit me," he told the prowler, "and you should not return empty handed. Please take my clothes as a gift." The thief was bewildered, but he took the clothes and ran away. The Master sat naked, watching the moon. "Poor fellow," he mused, " I wish I could give him this beautiful moon."

To apply it to this event, I came to realize, that these people do not have the kindness and the caring we have in our community, so s/he/they had to attempt to 'destroy' us because they could not find s/he/their inner peace. I guess, in actuality, this was flattery...I can only wish that person/those persons will find the well being to redirect his/her/their energy towards his/her/their own healing. And on a personal note, I am very blessed I am not him/her/them.
  2. Kiba

Kiba Well-Known Member

mm.. I always think, if someone was robbing me obviously they need something more then I do. Maybe not just what they are stealing but maybe more then that. And I would feel sorry for them. But sometimes its hard in our nature to forgive and forget things. And esp if it is from someone you knew, it is hard to re-build trust.
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Well said. Perhaps they'll read this.......... :single_eye:

<-----That's my doggie, by the way!
  4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

adorable doggy hun and yes perhaps they will read this and see they cannot destroy compassion and care wish that they could reach out for it instead
  5. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

I hope they do read this - then they'll learn that love and compassion cannot be destroyed :)
  6. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Pick, your friend is such a dog...and if they do not or cannot read this, we can
  7. Ladybugaboo

Ladybugaboo Well-Known Member

That zen story was profound.. Thanks for sharing. This site has been like one of the few havens for me..
  8. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

So good to hear Lady,and glad you are with us
  9. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

I hate to be the one who breaks it but I really doubt the person who hacked this site gives a fuck either way.

Methinks it just best to move on as it has been fixed.
  10. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Must have given a **** or wouldn't have bothered. Must have even lower self esteem than any of us.
  11. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

Regardless what the person was feeling or thinking at the time, they did affect alot of people by their actions. It's nice to show a positive response. I do get where Ian's coming from, push comes to shove, sometimes it's better to let somethings come to rest. I hope that person is doing alright in anycase, because in all fairness disabling a forum dedicated to people who are suicidal and depressed shows that this person is in their own termoil in some sense. I hope they're doing better.
  12. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

Why would some random person hack a support site? It serves no purpose. Im more interested in why they did it, i mean you must seriously be fucked up to do that to a site whose members are for the majority depressed and suicidal
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2013