Making plans

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by no point, Aug 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no point

no point Well-Known Member

I keep making plans to kill myself. I found a webpage that describes how much meds/poison you have to take in order to kill yourself. And I keep looking at it and making plans. I have had several suicide attempts before but they weren't this calculated. I'm scared that I might actually go though with it. Now that I came across this website, suicide doesn't seem as hard anymore.

2. busenbust

busenbust Well-Known Member

Let me say: such websites are often erroneous in their findings and/or descriptions. It is never - ever - that easy. A few wks ago I OD'd on OTC tablets and several hours later I threw the whole lot up. I felt like crap the entire day after...and if it fails, you will could potentially damage your liver and end up with a drip in emergency.

3. no point

But this website tells you exactly what to do in order to not throw up. I keep thinking if I do what it says and take more than what the website recommends, then I might be successful.

4. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

There are places out there, even forums that offer this kind of awful advice. In all your failed attempts weren’t you even a little grateful that it didn’t work? Doesn’t the thought of no going back scare you? If it works, you can’t change it, you can’t go back and fix it all and try life again. You still have that opportunity now, you never know, if you try to live you might succeed.

Why do you want to end it dear?

Take care and be safe,

Rose

5. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

I really hope you don't go through with it. What's wrong?

Keep in mind, too, that there's no way that a website, or anyone who wrote the information on the website, can know for sure what will or won't work.

Please, stay here and talk about what's bothering you!

6. no point

I'm obsessed with suicide. My therapist says it's because my meds aren't working anymore. She told me to make an early appt with my psychiatrist but I called her and they told me she's on vacation.

Death doesn't scare me anymore. I know my plan might not work 100 percent but if I take more than what the website recommends, I feel like it might just work.

7. Godsdrummer

Godsdrummer Guest

So the pdoc is on vacation. Then call another. Or another.

I know of one way you can see a pdoc?

Go to your local hospital ER and tell them of your plans and that you are "ACUTELY" suicidal.

You need to use that word.

You will get admitted and they will go to work on your obsession.

Wouldnt it be great if you could be obsessed with living?

It could happen. Help is out there, just waiting for you to take it's hand.

8. no point

I can't talk to people about this. So I don't know how to talk to another pdoc. I'm really scared to go to the hospital as well. I don't want to get admitted. I just want this to be over. It's not like I don't want to get better, I really do. But I just feel like I'm out of options at this point, especially now that both my therapist and my pdoc are on vacation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.