1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making real friends on SF

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Shannew, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

That's a great idea, I'm in if that's ok. What I've noticed here on SF, is that there are more genuine people here than what I know IRL who are just users, people who come out of the woodwork to try to tap me up for something and then dissapear straight afterwards.

Dawn, Shannew, BumbleBee and 4 others like this.
  2. Sign me up! Shan, I think we are friends already hun :) I love this idea!

3. drinty

drinty I'd rather be a Cat.

I'd like friends when I'm about please, I seem to freak rl people out. Trouble is on some days I don't wanna talk, others I don't shut up.

Innocent Forever, Ph1, Kira and 5 others like this.
  4. ShoegazeDaydream

ShoegazeDaydream ~Kid at Heart~

Yes, I think this is a great thread and thanks for posting this up.

I love this idea. :)

5. Jonathan R.

Jonathan R. Well-Known Member

I am willing.

6. Magree

Magree Well-Known Member

Count me in as well sound like a fab idea xx

7. BumbleBee

BumbleBee SF Supporter

8. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

Definitely, always up for a good chat.

9. Justatiredsoul

Justatiredsoul Well-Known Member

This is a really great idea shann , I have to admit I've met the most kind caring and helpful people here & im more than happy to talk but my inbox on here is best as I'm on the dodgy phone.. I'd hate anyone to think I'm not replying in pm but sometimes I don't get the messages there.
    Peace & love ❤️

10. Shannew

Shannew Chat Pro

Thanks guys :D
    For those who are confused, the idea is that at least we know who's up for a proper chat, so if you see any of these wonderful people online feel free to hit em up :)

Struggling along likes this.
  11. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro

I don't know for sure what a 'real' friend is, but I think that all of us who find ourselves here can find amongst the threads the friends that we need.

12. Shannew

Shannew Chat Pro

Not necessarily, sometimes we want someone to talk to and understand us and it can be hard if we don't know who's willing

13. HumanExMachina

HumanExMachina Pizza Spaceman Forum Pro

Is chatting seen as being superior to replying to threads? In my own experience, threads seem to be better thought out and more coherent, and they get better thought out and more coherent responses. When I've gone into chat, it's mostly,

'Hey, what's up'
    'Hi.'
    'What's going on'
    'Hello'
    'Hi (username)'

Did I drop into chat at the wrong times?

14. Harmony2

Harmony2 Well-Known Member

oops thought you meant PMs -refer to the last one I just sent you:p

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
    Shannew and Struggling along like this.
  15. Kira

Kira SF Gelfling Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I totally have this problem too! I think that's why I keep my status invisible because some days - ok, most days - I don't feel like talking but like being logged on so I don't feel so alone. I'm a big lurker.

Bottom line is, I have some friends and I want more friends but I'm a failure at keeping up communication. I barely "say" anything so why would anyone bother with me? They probably think I have my head stuck up my arse.
    The other problem is that I'm a talker not a texter or typer. Obviously this forum can't provide that. IDK anymore. Sorry.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  16. That's what I've been doing too!

Struggling along and Kira like this.
  17. drinty

drinty I'd rather be a Cat.

I'm the same. It's difficult isn't it?

Struggling along and Kira like this.
  18. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

I'm in too!
    Kira I'm awake at all different hours due to pain issues insomnia etc. Talk to me anytime

Shannew, Struggling along and Kira like this.
  19. Kira

Kira SF Gelfling Staff Alumni SF Supporter

20. Dawn

Dawn Well-Known Member

You are so welcome :) @Kira I am a lurker too and on here at all kinds of hours