Making real friends on SF

Shannew

From my time here on SF, I've realized that people get and give support in many different ways. Some people just want to vent out their own frustrations and don't have the capacity to help anyone else, others want to feel the presence of some people and are not willing develop a strong connection with anyone. Then there are those of us who want to form platonic friendships in which advice and care can both be given and received, so in other words, a real friendship. These friendships can be hard to come by especially if there is no way that people can voice their intentions to have one, so I decided to create a way!

Please post a message below if you are looking for a real friend and are:
- NOT looking for a romantic relationship
- Willing to give and receive real advice and take a real interest in your friends
- In a place where you can care for others and in return have them care for you
- Not just wanting someone to listen to your problems without listening to others in return
- Not fake

I don't know if this will work but my aim is for those of us who need a real friendship to be able to heal to be able to find each other and not feel like nobody cares just because they haven't been able to find like-minded people on this site.

So comment below and happy mingling! :D

Ph1

From my time here on SF, I've realized that people get and give support in many different ways. Some people just want to vent out their own frustrations and don't have the capacity to help anyone else, others want to feel the presence of some people and are not willing develop a strong connection with anyone. Then there are those of us who want to form platonic friendships in which advice and care can both be given and received, so in other words, a real friendship. These friendships can be hard to come by especially if there is no way that people can voice their intentions to have one, so I decided to create a way!

Please post a message below if you are looking for a real friend and are:
- NOT looking for a romantic relationship
- Willing to give and receive real advice and take a real interest in your friends
- In a place where you can care for others and in return have them care for you
- Not just wanting someone to listen to your problems without listening to others in return
- Not fake

I don't know if this will work but my aim is for those of us who need a real friendship to be able to heal to be able to find each other and not feel like nobody cares just because they haven't been able to find like-minded people on this site.

So comment below and happy mingling! :D
Hi hun hope you already know I'd love you be friends already. And if you didn't already know, count me in.

nobodyknows71

For a Phoenix to rise, it must first burn.
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I count myself incredibly lucky. I think I have made two straight up, honest to goodness friends here.
Friendships I hope will stand the stand the test of time.

But you can never have too many friends. I don't know about anyone else, but I would love to connect with more here. God knows, in real life people are way harder to make friends with.

Not sure how it's gonna work, but definitely in!! I think sometimes we can get so caught up on trying to help/support people here that the opportunity to make friends is lost.

I think a major part of people seeking help here is loneliness, if this thread helps to break through this, I'm definitely up for that!

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It's a great idea. I haven't had any real life contact with anyone for 6 days. I came here over 10 months ago 'cause I was struggling with loneliness. This place is great and I've made some wonderful friends but the problem for me is that because of where I live, when I log on and I desperately need to talk there's like 4 people logged in and I don't know them.
It's clearly no one's fault but when I need desperate help everyone's on the other side of the world sleeping. :(

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
It's a great idea. I haven't had any real life contact with anyone for 6 days. I came here over 10 months ago 'cause I was struggling with loneliness. This place is great and I've made some wonderful friends but the problem for me is that because of where I live, when I log on and I desperately need to talk there's like 4 people logged in and I don't know them.
It's clearly no one's fault but when I need desperate help everyone's on the other side of the world sleeping. :(
Sounds like you're somewhere close to Casa Carajo, like me. You can talk to me whenever you want, Kira. I can't offer cheesecake and coffee, but I'm an attentive listener and a good talker. I'll always be here:)

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
But I don't have people in my country on SF to make friends.
Maybe they don't have to be real friends in the meet-up-in-person kind of way. :) But looking for friends in the way that means more than posting on the boards and passing each other along the way. Messaging, connecting in more real life kinds of ways, texting or calling perhaps. Facebook. Whatever it is real people do when socializing.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00