Making real friends on SF

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
That's a great idea, I'm in if that's ok. What I've noticed here on SF, is that there are more genuine people here than what I know IRL who are just users, people who come out of the woodwork to try to tap me up for something and then dissapear straight afterwards.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Is chatting seen as being superior to replying to threads? In my own experience, threads seem to be better thought out and more coherent, and they get better thought out and more coherent responses. When I've gone into chat, it's mostly,

'Hey, what's up'
'Hi.'
'What's going on'
'Hello'
'Hi (username)'

Did I drop into chat at the wrong times?

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Trouble is on some days I don't wanna talk, others I don't shut up.
I totally have this problem too! I think that's why I keep my status invisible because some days - ok, most days - I don't feel like talking but like being logged on so I don't feel so alone. I'm a big lurker.

Bottom line is, I have some friends and I want more friends but I'm a failure at keeping up communication. I barely "say" anything so why would anyone bother with me? They probably think I have my head stuck up my arse.
The other problem is that I'm a talker not a texter or typer. Obviously this forum can't provide that. IDK anymore. Sorry.

Last edited:

drinty

I'd rather be a Cat.
I totally have this problem too! I think that's why I keep my status invisible because some days - ok, most days - I don't feel like talking but like being logged on so I don't feel so alone. I'm a big lurker.

Bottom line is, I have some friends and I want more friends but I'm a failure at keeping up communication. I barely "say" anything so why would anyone bother with me? They probably think I have my head stuck up my arse.
The other problem is that I'm a talker not a texter or typer. Obviously this forum can't provide that. IDK anymore. Sorry.
I'm the same. It's difficult isn't it?

Dawn

I'm in too!
It's a great idea. I haven't had any real life contact with anyone for 6 days. I came here over 10 months ago 'cause I was struggling with loneliness. This place is great and I've made some wonderful friends but the problem for me is that because of where I live, when I log on and I desperately need to talk there's like 4 people logged in and I don't know them.
It's clearly no one's fault but when I need desperate help everyone's on the other side of the world sleeping. :(
Kira I'm awake at all different hours due to pain issues insomnia etc. Talk to me anytime

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00