Making the decision

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by xtufpa, Nov 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hello.

I have a question that I would relly like to solve and start working on that. I will try to explain as good as I can, hopefully it will be understandable :)

So basically I have very low level education, and I would like to do more. Also I would like to move somewhere else (different country). Now I have many questions about those two things.

1. Do I first decide what do I really want to do in life and then which country I want to move to, or do I first decide which country and see what is worth learning to do in that country (better pay, more chances to get job, etc...)?

2. Let say I got my first question sorted, where would be better to study? In my country (not so many options) or in the country I want to live?

I have many more questions, but first I would like to get those 2 sorted out so I can better know which way to go.

2. in heaven

in heaven Well-Known Member

1. You can look both ways and then decide. Think of the country you would like to live and what you could there and also think of what you want to and see which country is the best for that. Better pay and more chances are important. No point moving somewhere then having to come back because you can't get a job or couldn't afford living there.

2. in the country you want to live. it's better to get qualification that will be recognised in the country you want to live to get a job easier.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Some countries are more apt to let you in if you have a skill that they need or want to study at one of their schools and will plan to work there afterwards, so I think knowing what you want would make the transition easier

4. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies :)

Ok, so I am thinking about those 2 things for quite a while now, here are my favourite things and explained why.

1. Countries (not in any particular order and based from what I have heard, read and saw in videos (youtube, tv, etc..) and movies, please correct me if Im wrong at any of those)

*Canada
    + Nice, friendly people
    + Good system
    + Nature
    - Cold

* Australia
    + Very good system
    + Nice pays
    + Nice people
    - Expensive

* USA
    + Business
    + Huge
    + Freedom
    - Agression

Ok, so those are my top countries I would like to live in. If I am wrong at any of the points please correct me or if you would like to add something please do so.

5. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Well, to be honest, I am like you, in that I do not have a high education (not even finishing high school) and think it is good that, even with that, you wish to aim high and find some kind of job that will make a difference in your life (personal and professional) so as far as moving to another country, might I suggest that you first start by thinking about narrowing your choice of countries down that you would like to move to and find out as much information about job opportunities there as you can, as to what kind of future employment that you would like to be involved in and then you can take on a tertiary education in a field that you have a passion for and would really like to pursue (so that you manage to get the qualifications needed for that job).

As for your second question, I believe that it is best to do a bit of research on the employment rate of that particular country you wish to move to as well as find out what requirements you would need to live and live work (such as Visa status, being able to find a company for said job that you do a tertiary course on) so that you give yourself a greater chance of finding a job once you move to a new country (this will help in you being employed earlier after arriving in said country and not finding out that you arrive there and spend the next several weeks or months constantly going through your savings while finding it even more difficult to be declined from one job interview from another.)

Australia is a good choice and can be relatively easy to find good employment, but it depends on which state you live in that you will find the cost of housing et cetera to be expensive, but you also must take into effect the climate of Australia, where our Summers can be brutal, with temperatures reaching as high as 44 C and apart from the desert regions, we suffer from extreme bush fires during the Summer months (notably in NSW, Victoria and parts of WA) but in Winter, we also are prone to severe flooding (Queensland) but with the exception of those climate extremes, Australia is a very warm and welcoming place and one of the, if not the most multicultural country on the planet, where we welcome anyone and everyone who visits, either for the tourist industry or looking for legal employment.
    Sorry, but Australia is where I live, so I can only pass on information about it to you, and not any other country, my apologies.

6. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hello and thanks.

Well yes, I really want more and for that reason I dont mind going back to school, learn new things and pretty much whatever it takes. So far my top 3 places are Australia, Canada and USA (please take a look at post 4). Of course if I made any mistake there or you know any other great English speaking country please let me know.

So beside not beeing able to decide about country, I also cant decide on what I really want doing. As already said I have few things that I really like doing, but dont really know which one would I enjoy doing the most.

Also thanks for explaining me about Australia, will keep that info in mind when deciding :) I would really like to hear more about countries listed above (as well as any other) so I can make a better decision.

Thank you very much :)

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

There is also England or any of the other UK countries that you could check out, as England some some of the best schools in the World and, they do speak English fluently (obviously!)

But like I said, although you have not decided yet on what country you would like to study abroad in, I think the best course of option is to do a little research into each country's preference that you are thinking of going to, about their employment records and jobs that have a higher employment rate so that you can choose a course into that field, which will help you immensely in being able to land a job sooner rather than later once you arrive. Of course, taking a course, you have a lot of options of being able to secure a job in a country that you prefer (thanks to the digital and internet age) where you can transmit your resume and other relevant details to a potential employer in another country and wait for a response before you end up a lot of money on plane fare that might not come to anything if you go job hunting in person across the pond only to find that you have spent all of your life savings for nothing.

8. xtufpa

xtufpa Well-Known Member

Hello, thanks you very much for the reply.

I have been thinking about UK, but I dont really like it as much as Canada, Australia and USA. Not that I dont like it, but there are few things that I dont practiculary like. Those are pretty small things, but still...

Thats true, I havent really decided yet, most likely because I dont think about that much. Every time I try to think about that I get so many different ideas that I just stop thinking and keep looking for more replies about those countries which could help me decide. Also cant really decide which way to go at school..there are so many options out there, and I like multiple things. Dont really know what would I love doing most.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.