Man gets ear partially bitten off by woman he called "fat"

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, May 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

http://www.action3news.com/Global/story.asp?S=12394833

Lincoln Woman Accused of Biting Man's Ear
    Lincoln, NE - A woman faces first degree assault charges after tackling a man and biting a chunk of his ear.

It happened in the 7400 block of Greenwood in Lincoln Wednesday morning. People were leaving a party when investigators say one of the men called Godfrey "fat."

The remark evidently enraged Godfrey and she chased 24-year old man Christian Bandiola for half a block before tackling him and biting his ear. :poo:

According to police reports, the gash measures approximately 1/2 an inch by 3/4 of an inch and police on the scene did not find the missing chunk. Bandiola faces plastic surgery to repair the damage. Seeing as they could not find the chunk bitten off, it is safe to assume that she swallows.

So yeah, don't call women fat... :huh:

2. Tobes

Tobes Well-Known Member

If she was indeed fat and could chase him down he couldn't of been too healthy himself. Serves the asshole right.

Bit of an extreme reaction though.

3. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I personally think as much as name calling can hurt,you should just ignore it.Im a tiny bit overweight for what I should be but if somebody shouted fat at me id just think that they needed to get more of a life and walk away and leave it.

Maybe have a little "upset"moment after in private but I certainly wouldnt go around biting people...thats way too extreme.He shouldtnve said what he did but I dont think he deserved that....

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Well they just came out of a party, so maybe the woman was "under the influence of narcotics"...

5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

She probably had her period or something...

6. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Half a block? That's some distance for a fatty.

7. boo

boo Well-Known Member

You better hope she doesn't join SF... and yea start running :tongue:

8. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I have massive anger issues and being called fat could probably invoke the same reaction in me! So I kind of don't blame her.
    People are so cruel with their words without knowing what sort of inner turmoil it could be causing a person.
    What if his mum had just died or something and then she'd made a 'your mum...' joke. Not so easy to have an upset moment or just ignore that is it?

Maybe it would've been him biting her ear off!

9. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Hum... So he calls her fat and she responds by starting to eat him? Not breaking many stereotypes.

10. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Good reply Linds I totally agree with you.

Not any more but was called it by so called mates for years

11. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I just think things no matter how bad or hurtfull should never come down to physical violence.....Im still healing from violence and no matter what the gender we as human beings have no right to go around hurting others physically(or mentally for that matter)!

12. ozbound

I agree Ang i'm in no way advocating violence far from it violence never solves anything.

13. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

I don't really get how the analogy works there?

A death is an unfortunate event that they are not to blame for. Being fat is no one's fault but her own.

I can't imagine it really provoking the same type of reaction being that the emotions involved are probably completely different.

14. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

I know hunni.I know you're a great person.x

15. boo

boo Well-Known Member

A pack of cigarettes $8
    A cup of coffee $1
    This quote by Aoeu, priceless :D

16. Aurora Gory Alice

Not necessarily true.

17. cult logic

cult logic Staff Alumni

Well yeah, there are the rare cases of people that really have genetic disorders that make them heavier.

But I think it's safe to say that the vast majority of obese people just had a few too many snickers bars.

At any rate I think we're going a bit off topic.

18. ozbound

Bet he thinks twice now though before he thinks himself funny for taking the pi*s out of the next person.

19. whywhy

whywhy Active Member

I wouldn't say so. Here's an article that highlights some issues about weight prejudice.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8327753.stm

20. Aurora Gory Alice

Jesus, that article was pretty horrific. But I have to agree, so much prejudice about people with weight issues. I mean saying it's always a fat persons fault is such a backwards way of thinking.

I mean... in the same context the amount of times I have heard 'you're depressed, so snap out of it. It's nobodies fault but your own'.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.