man, I can't be of help to nobody

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Darker Than Black, Apr 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darker Than Black

Darker Than Black Well-Known Member

It's always been like this.

I was like talking to somebody on the chat room, and then it ended in I'm gonna cut myself. WTF, I really suck at giving advice to ppl u know.

Same as in high school, when this classmate I hangout in the morning a lot was crying cuz she had family issues, I just sat there, and she cried on, I didn't know what to say :unsure: . If I were in her situtation, I would've just lived w/ all those issues, build up hate, make a promise, that I'm gonna get over it, move away, and everything that make me sad can go fuck themselved, its not my problems. U know? guess my ways are kinda too hardsh.

Same when i was volunteering at a immigrant kids foundation, some kid was crying, and I didn't know what to do, i just sat there, speechless I was like in my mind "just stop crying". When I was a kid, and when I got beat up or hurt, no body was there, my parents were just like "w/e, stop crying", so I never depended on any one but myself. and whole bunch of other shit happened, w/ nobody to depend on, so I got used to it, u know? Get over things my way.

Now, I can't help anyone, even my friend, he was like "I moved to canada, and I don't know anyone here. sometimes I feel like I don't know anyone, and really sad too etc...." So I was like "don't worry, U'll get over it" and that's it.

doesn't it suck, I want to help, but I don't know how to, WTF
  2. Zurkhardo

Zurkhardo Well-Known Member

You just have a different way of dealing with things than most people, a method that has been tempered by a lifetime of experiences and adaptions. It's not your fault that you simply can't relate with alternatives.

The fact of the matter, at least the way I see it, is that there is only so much that advice and suggesstion can do for a person. Ultimately its all up to that individual's capacity to act or seek professional health or what have you that: anything you say or do may set them on the path, but they themselves must walk it.

With that said, the most you can do is just listen and be there. Often times that's all most people want: for someone to care and hear their story. You seem like a very compasionate, well-meaning person that simply wants to do the right thing. That seems more than enough of a start my friend :)
  3. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It sucks not knowing how to help someone when you really want to! But the main thing you can do is listen. There's only so much advice we can give someone.

BTW, the second quote in your sig is hilarious!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.