man. this is my birthday present.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by syntis, Jun 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. syntis

syntis New Member

Well. today is my birthday. I'm 25. I have nothing left to live for. Long story.short... Too many mistakes. Fucked up too bad. So bad. Anyway. Ever been rejected by the suicide hotline? I have. Happy birthday to me. My life sucks., someone text me. <edit moderator total eclipse>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  2. syntis

syntis New Member

Fuck , maybe, I'll carve my birthday into my arm.,mm., blood. anyone want pics?

3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I keep screwing up things in my life, but I still haven't given up yet...and I don't think you should either. I'm sorry you got rejected by the suicide hotline, I never called one but they should have been more caring towards you. At least you won't be rejected here, because this is a supportive place. Happy Birthday...I hope you find something that will make the day enjoyable, even if things seem pretty bad now.

4. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

:birthday:

I haven't been rejected but did get put on hold for a while so I hung up..
    I hate my birthday!
    it's not too late to start afresh with your life ..
    we all make mistakes unfortunately..you're only human!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  5. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Mistakes are only mistakes if you don't take and learn from them. If you made mistakes, then you know what not to do again. It should be clear sailing ahead? I can't comment about the suicide hotline because I don't know the context of the conversation, but I had a bad experience with a hotline once -- I was calling for help to try to save someone who was going to harm themselves, and the hotline would not talk to me, nor would they tell me what to do to help. The problem with hotlines is that they are manned by people who are just that: people. People have flaws and they MAKE MISTAKES. You may have connected to a hotline operator who was making a mistake. You know what that is like, right? Hopefully they will not do that again. Don't dismiss the entire service on one individual's mistakes. As for birthdays, I don't celebrate my own because it is shear symbolic. Celebration of holidays starts off with good intentions but is often nothing more than marketing to buy things from stores. That said, in the symbolic sense, happy birthday. Move forward with lessons learned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.