Managed to tell my doctor

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Decode, Dec 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I managed to tell my doctor, it went ok, i'm now really worried about whats going to happen next. Things are not looking good for me at the moment, i don't know whats happening to me. I have some assesment soon, i am really not looking forward to having to try and talk about stuff. I was offered some crisis team thing but i turned it down, thinking about that i don't even know what it really is. If you have a crisis team thing, please post what it is/they do? I kinda get the jist of what they do, but any info you wish to share would be of interest to me. Thanks.

2. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I dont know anything about a crisis team, but just wanted to say congradulations, its a super hard thing to tell someone that you need help and the thoughts that we think. Im proud of you and hope that this first step takes you all the way up to the top of happiness and peace within yourself.

3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i had a crisis team in ireland, it's prob. similar. the best thing was a cpn (community psychiatric nurse). she did home visits with me twice a week when i was feeling rough, plus phone calls. we decreased the visits as i started to feel better. she was better for me than any psychiatrist ever was. she listened and supported me and gave me great advice. why not call back the doc and ask what a crisis team could do for you?

4. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Yeah I have contacted the crisis team several times, essentially they offer on the spot immediate assitance and help to talk through things, when I talked to them it was face to face, I just talked about how I was feeling etc, but it can also be done on the phone and they offer advice, it wasnt that scary, I was mixed about it after, but there is no pressure really, it is just support when you need it, sometimes it is enough just to know it is there, hope that helps.

5. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

I never managed to tell her everything, she asked about plans and i didn't say much on that. I don't have one but i guess i played it down i couldn't help but think of what i was saying in relation to getting locked up, i didn't want to sound to at risk.
    I didn't tell her i'm concerned that i keep trying/practice ******* myself. I did it again earlier, my **** went blue, i stopped before... No intent then i guess. How was i supposed to tell her i've been doing that to myself. At least the important stuffs out.
    The crisis team thing sounds to serious, i don't want to waste their time and i think it would be to hard for me to call them anyway, i would just feel silly.
    I'm sorry i shouldn't have even started this thread, i had been trying for quite a while to let my doctor know and i just wanted to tell someone. Thanks for the replies.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
  6. doityourself

It will only help if you open yourself up, let them help you, tell them everything, get it off of your shoulders, give it a chance to work.

You will feel like a weight is lifted off, the burden wont be so heavy. Your at a crossroads in life, in getting the help you need. Are you going to use it or turn it around and go back?

7. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

It's very easy to be a hypocrite on here. I sometimes give make coments on what people could do, but following it yourself always seems more complicated even if really its not. Yeah although i am worried about what is in store for me now, most of the recurring thoughts about telling my doc have gone, i wouldn't say i feel better because i don't but i'm glad i did. I didn't deliberately not tell her i said no to something and then we were talkng about something else, i only realised later on that, i should really have told her that. So ok i will try and tell her on my next appoinment, its like four weeks though.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2010
  8. doityourself

The hour or whatever they give us passes so quick and you want to say so much and get so stressed just by going that I always forget, can you write down some thoughts and feelings and hand them to her, so it helps open up conversation and you wont forget to mention it.

Know all about the hypocrite thing, Im one of those people myself.

9. Decode

Decode Well-Known Member

An hour bloody hell we get 10 minutes. lol Trust me i won't forget thats all i'll be thinking of until i do it.

10. doityourself

10 minutes:yikes:

what the hell can you do in ten minutes??? Im still trying to adjust my thinking to that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.