Manic Episode

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by rpiccola89, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rpiccola89

rpiccola89 Member

What in the hell is wrong with me?:huh: Without batting an eyelash I just wasted over 300 dollars on clothes. I'm not a Saturday-afternoon-at-the-mall type of person, and don't buy clothes for myself hardly ever, I don't work, and don't plan on it anytime soon. It was the last handful of cash I had and I just wasted in some futile attempt to be happy... now I just feel like a complete idiot. Why in the hell did I just do that? God, I hate my life... what does it say about me when I have to resort to shopping sprees to inject some happiness in my life just to watch it all crumble apart at my feet again?:cry:

2. ToHelp

ToHelp Well-Known Member

Goddamned pdoc added Wellbutrin 300 XL two months ago to my Zoloft and I went from mildly depressed to a full manic reaction I didn't catch in time. hey! shit, break some Skynyrd let's party within one week.

Having never been manic before (it's not "speedy" like amphetamine or 400 mg of coffee or anything), I absolutely did not catch it in time Piccola and spent almost $2,000 on a fucking flatscreen TV and a PS3.

When I did realize what was happeninng, I dumped those pills before I could come "need" them (like I need Zoloft). I mean DUMPED them. They GONE, baby.

Fuck waiting to tell the doctor first--he'll find out soon enough.

"Why in the hell did I just do that? God, I hate my life..." - lol Pls don't mind me laughing; please allow me the luxury; the reprieve. It strikes a funny nerve. God, I hate my life. So honest; so raw.

Yeppers, i can relate.

ToHelp

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

were you feeling down/depressed/desperate before spending all that? i was wondering...

i've never spent that much money. when i'm manic it doesn't go into shopping, i just run around madly and exhaust myself....

you were saying stuff about injecting some happiness in your life. maybe it was just an impulse thing when you were feeling awful?

:hug:

4. rpiccola89

rpiccola89 Member

Well, I'm always feeling depressed and desperate (an understatement if ever there was one):eek:hwell: and I do stupid things to try to feel better. Spending money used to be one of them- til I blew it all yesterday. I guess you're right when you say exercise would probably be a healthier alternative.:smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.