Many suicides are caused by being alone. What if there was a place for a last chance

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by etakuramnasmekh, Jul 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ...Not so a bunch of morose lost souls could wallow in their own muck, but where troubled beings could maybe reach out for a thread; a conection, a chance at hope.

Some moderated place where, when you are all alone, with no one to comfort, nowhere to go, no hope to hope for; where one could share their remaining light of life and offer it to another, who may still have a flicker of light, too, and steady the flame of being, as the support, and confidence a new friendship offers.

Yes, those beyond reality have already decided, those blinded by fears and tears will walk away, and the strong will try to break the weak (as is wont inherently in our world) but so many, so many, just want an acceptance that this is real and that there is something worth waiting for; a note, a smile, a call, a touch?

Oh, I can imagine the liabilities and the humiliating foolishness of a "date before you die" site, but in all seriousness, wouldn't some hope be better than no hope, and while not everyone is looking for a mate or a date, maybe there is a need for some way to make a connectinon; a "friend finder" for those without friends?

Comments, suggestions, critical observations?

2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Re: Many suicides are caused by being alone. What if there was a place for a last cha

lots of threads reaching out goes on here :)

It's bad for the strong to try to break the weak, but as you say, it happens all the time - survival of the fittest. Acceptance...... oh yes! totally......... We are already accepted, we just need to become aware of how much and by Whom, and why.

Acceptance = opposite of rejection. Rejection sucks. That's why it's so important to not reject ourselves (and the hope that IS out there, objectively).

3. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

Re: Many suicides are caused by being alone. What if there was a place for a last cha

I think that is an excellent idea. Granted, this forum is sort of like that in a way... but an actual dating service for people who are lonely and at the end of their ropes, I do believe you are onto something there. And like you said, it doesn't always have to result in romantic connections. Any sort of connection would help, really. I've been fortunate to find good connections here, but I was at another depression forum before this and found no such connections there. All I found were a few kind words, followed by some very harsh words by the "strong trying to break the weak" that you speak of... trolls, self righteous assholes, whatever you call them, who seemed to revel in the thought of making a miserable person even more miserable... people who, if I could have reached through my computer screen to strangle them, I would have... it is difficult to find people who truly do care about lost souls like us. Perhaps the person best able to understand and help a lost soul is another lost soul. If you think about it, most of us have nothing left to lose anyway... so why not?

4. red ribbons

red ribbons Well-Known Member

Brilliant idea-like a support group in person!!! Or a phone support group. The suicide hotline experiences I've had were not always great! One time NOBODY answered. Another time I called about 1:30 am and was really desperate at Xmas time. I got a real jerk who made fun of me and was laughing and clowning around telling me I wasn't serious. I'm going to suggest it to my therapist when I see her today.

I was told you should always have 5 people you can call. What do you do if you're totally alone and no one wants to be in your life? I know other forums have times and places you can call in and the forum is moderated by a therapist but they are not for people like us.

I think sometimes it's the other way around-the weak try to tear the strong down to bring them to their level. Everybody has a breaking point though-even the strongest of us.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2012
  5. TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf Well-Known Member

That's awful. :sad: I'm glad I never tried calling one of those hotlines.

Actually, I personally believe that we're all weak. We're all mortals, after all. We all feel pain, we all bleed, we all cry when we lose something dear to us. Anyone who thinks that they're some kind of pillar of strength is only fooling themselves. Maybe they've managed to block out their emotions, but that doesn't make them strong. In fact, it's just proof of weakness, the fact that they are too weak to confront their own feelings. It's like they say... being brave is not a lack of fear; bravery is facing life in spite of your fears.

6. sadhart

sadhart Well-Known Member

The last paragraph you wrote lonewolf is something I would like to agree with.

7. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

:] does such a thing exist?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.