Maps Changing

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Shogun, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever had a dream where you're looking at a map of the globe and it's disfigured?

I've had numerous dreams like this. Dreams where the entire North and South American continents have disappeared. One where Africa was the only land on Earth and it was moved further north and it was glistening with golden colours. And in my post recent one, Spain was at the top of the Earth, near the North Pole. There was countries next to spain on either side, but I couldn't read what they were.

I dream of natural disasters a lot too.

But I haven't had many of these dreams for awhile. The last one I had (The Spain one) was about a year ago. But I had a natural disaster dream last night.

2. doggytears

doggytears Active Member

Is your map of the globe a 2-dimensional papyrus like objet or a map with real depth, dog-eared edges and tapering sides? I've always found it harder to conjure up 2-D images in my dreams. 3-D images are somehow more abstract and easier to conjure up - that's my theory at least.

I have dreamt of disasters before - Not natural disasters though. I've dreamt of a crowded Train exploding into smithereens when it hits an underground gas pipe. I have recurring dreams of space travel in a post-dystopian world where Earth has been ravaged beyond repair. I get really scared when that dream comes up - it has a very annoying vibe to it.

3. shades

shades Staff Alumni

It sounds like it's possible that the two are connected Shogun, in that the "natural disaters" are somehow changing the shape of the land. Just a thought.

More interesting is that they are recurrent. Do you worry about natural disasters on a consious level often. That could play into it as well.

4. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

My map dreams are very much 2D. A bit like the one below, but better...

[​IMG]

I see disfigured maps like this all the time.

I had one of these dreams over the weekend actually. I was literally seeing Ireland grow before my eyes and it started to move south down the Atlantic. When it was finished moving and growing it was about the size of Russia, but in the same shape as Ireland and it was lying in the middle of the Atlantic.

I haven't had any natural disaster dreams in awhile. But there was a a period of about a year when I had nothing but huge tornado dreams whiping everything out. I also had a world flood dream that I never ever forgot. Everything was gone.

I'm very interested in maps and am a bit of a geography buff so that might explain the map dreams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.