March healthy lifestyle and weight loss/ exercise challenge...feel free to join in...

Hi there. I've been in the *lazy slug* mode for a week. I'm cooking (from time to time) but not moving enough. I went to sport after a month of inactivity due to intense work. That was haaard it still hurts after 3 days haha.

My start date of my diet is TODAY. No more tomorrows. No more excuses. Going to start slowly with exercise and build up gradually.

Good luck to you all <3 We are a team here and we're all players, we have each others backs. Go team SF. *dance1
*hug What are your objectives sport wise ? daily objective with increasing difficulty or duration ?

I've not had the best couple of weeks. I've been exceptionally busy at work so haven't had much time to focus on diet and have been eating what's available and easy. I've also been out to eat with colleagues a couple of times and eaten too much. I've been away so haven't been able to weigh myself so I don't know how much damage I've done, but I need to try to focus for the rest of the month.

I hope everyone else is doing well πŸ€—
I hope it's not detrimental to your overall health to be so absorbed by work ! Good luck to you *dance1

Not doing great tbh lol. Too many takeaways and not focusing on what I'm eating. Will try get back on track for last week of the month but if I'm honest not likely to reach my goal. Might just write this month off.
I'm sorry to hear that. Takeaways sure are tempting... Maybe monthly goals are just too long term ? Maybe throwing in a weekly goal would help ?
Next month will be your month ! Hard work pays off ! Good luck to you :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
What are your objectives sport wise ? daily objective with increasing difficulty or duration ?
Tbh, I don't know where to start. I am VERY unfit. I can't even go shopping without nearly fainting from walking around, if anyone has any suggestions or advice, i'm all ears :)

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Tbh, I don't know where to start. I am VERY unfit. I can't even go shopping without nearly fainting from walking around, if anyone has any suggestions or advice, i'm all ears :)
Just take it slow and steady Petal. You can build your fitness up, but you need to be persistent, doing little but often.

3 years ago I was overweight and very unfit, but wanted that to change. I asked for a Fitbit for my birthday and that gave me some motivation. I started off small, just going out for short walks for maybe 15 minutes, but I tried to make sure I did that every day. Gradually I was able to increase the amount of time I was walking for and then I started to get faster. Within 3 months I was walking 2 miles in about 45 minutes and I'd lost 21 pounds. Now I regularly walk 3 miles and I often do 5-6 miles if I have time. I now do a mile in about 18-19 minutes. I've also just started to try running (well jogging really), which I never thought I'd be able to do again (I did a bit of running about 10 years ago because I committed to a 5k charity run but after that was over I stopped).

You can do this, just don't set unrealistic goals or you'll lose motivation if you can't achieve them *hug

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just take it slow and steady Petal. You can build your fitness up, but you need to be persistent, doing little but often.

3 years ago I was overweight and very unfit, but wanted that to change. I asked for a Fitbit for my birthday and that gave me some motivation. I started off small, just going out for short walks for maybe 15 minutes, but I tried to make sure I did that every day. Gradually I was able to increase the amount of time I was walking for and then I started to get faster. Within 3 months I was walking 2 miles in about 45 minutes and I'd lost 21 pounds. Now I regularly walk 3 miles and I often do 5-6 miles if I have time. I now do a mile in about 18-19 minutes. I've also just started to try running (well jogging really), which I never thought I'd be able to do again (I did a bit of running about 10 years ago because I committed to a 5k charity run but after that was over I stopped).

You can do this, just don't set unrealistic goals or you'll lose motivation if you can't achieve them *hug
Thanks so much for the insight, that really is helpful. I just did 20 minutes of exercise, i will try and do that every day and wait until i'm ready to build up.

I will re-read this post again when i feel i need to. TY my friend *hug

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks so much for the insight, that really is helpful. I just did 20 minutes of exercise, i will try and do that every day and wait until i'm ready to build up.

I will re-read this post again when i feel i need to. TY my friend *hug
No problem. I stuck to 15 minutes a day for about a week or so then increased to 20 etc. In just over a year I'd lost about 45 pounds. Unfortunately I've put some of that back on, but I'm getting back into the groove.

Anyway good luck hun. You can do this *hug

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
No problem. I stuck to 15 minutes a day for about a week or so then increased to 20 etc. In just over a year I'd lost about 45 pounds. Unfortunately I've put some of that back on, but I'm getting back into the groove.

Anyway good luck hun. You can do this *hug
wow 45 lbs, that is amazing, if you did it once you can do it again.

Thanks for the tips, gonna stick to 20 minutes a day until i feel ready to increase it.

Good luck with your weight loss and health *hug

Woowoo

SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
wow 45 lbs, that is amazing, if you did it once you can do it again.

Thanks for the tips, gonna stick to 20 minutes a day until i feel ready to increase it.

Good luck with your weight loss and health *hug
Thanks Petal. I'm doing OK, I've lost 8 pounds so far this year and I'm trying to concentrate on getting fit and toning my body a little. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds and then I'll be happy (ish) :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks Petal. I'm doing OK, I've lost 8 pounds so far this year and I'm trying to concentrate on getting fit and toning my body a little. I'd like to lose another 10 pounds and then I'll be happy (ish) :)
8 lbs loss is fantastic. I read your healthy living diary, you're doing so well. You'll have those 10lbs off before summer i'm sure *hug

Good luck and keep us updated :)

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I have an idea;

How about we get some dedicated members that want to lose weight and set up a buddy system to keep them on track and have that buddy support you and share tips, meals, meal planning, share what you've eaten, have goals etc etc. 'cos lets face it, it is hard to do on your own. If we get some names in we could use a randomiser to pick who's with who.

Anyone up for it? I'm in. Hoping we can start this for April. So get your name in before April 1st but i promise its not a prank ;)

@pushing1through @sassy123 @Kiwi2016 @bobbob @Rockclimbinggirl @WolfGoddess @Patafikss @absured angel @Lightsout @SleepyOwl @Freyja @Bloop @HumanExMachina @MagickLynx @Woowoo @witty sarcasm @Walker

and anyone else is free to join in :)

I have an idea;

How about we get some dedicated members that want to lose weight and set up a buddy system to keep them on track and have that buddy support you and share tips, meals, meal planning, share what you've eaten, have goals etc etc. 'cos lets face it, it is hard to do on your own. If we get some names in we could use a randomiser to pick who's with who.

Anyone up for it? I'm in. Hoping we can start this for April. So get your name in before April 1st but i promise its not a prank ;)

@pushing1through @sassy123 @Kiwi2016 @bobbob @Rockclimbinggirl @WolfGoddess @Patafikss @absured angel @Lightsout @SleepyOwl @Freyja @Bloop @HumanExMachina @MagickLynx @Woowoo @witty sarcasm @Walker

and anyone else is free to join in :)
That's an amazing idea Petal !
I'd love to join sadly I cannot log here as often as I would like to. I don't want to be an unreliable buddy, so I'd rather not be a buddy at all

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00