Marijuana Anonymous

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by suicidal maniac, Aug 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suicidal maniac

suicidal maniac Well-Known Member

I would like to know if anybody had any experiences with this?

2. xan

xan Chat Buddy

Heh, yeah quite a few back when I was 15/16. Tried pot and grass (prefered the second) and used a bong once or twice. Never got into it as much as some people I knew though.

3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i still smoke it.

4. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

I never understood how people became mentally addicted to smoking weed... And yes I smoke weed.

5. shades

shades Staff Alumni

Smoked it for many years but once I stopped there were no withdrawl symptoms.

6. iKarma

iKarma Well-Known Member

Because it is not physically addictive.

7. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

I smoked from the age I was 15-17 stopped for a year with no problems or urges even though I was going through a lot of stuff. Smoking again about 3 joints a night and I can stop whenever I want just choose not to.

8. DownInAHole

DownInAHole Active Member

I've been to several MA meetings. Meetings aren't really my thing. I have a problem with the God/religion part of it. Meetings were generally smaller than NA/AA.

I am/was mentally addicted to pot. Dependent on it. Self medicating. I had physical/psychological withdrawal symptoms.

9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

I think Marijuana really mentally affects people that are mentally weak. I used to smoke with all my other friends and I noticed it started to make me really depressed and lose my mind, while it did not really affect my friends in the same manner or intensity because they had secure mindsets. I really lost myself to it but Ive been clean as a whistle for a while now. =[=

10. frager84

frager84 Well-Known Member

i personally think it has different effects emotionally depending on what you do when your high

11. dave420

dave420 Member

i been smokin chronic since i was 12
    i find its good for me keeps me off the harder shit i do somtimes

12. kbp

kbp Active Member

lol this topic made me laugh. :sparkle: so heres a chicken to make you feel stupid

13. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

i wouldnt say im addicted to it, i do smoke it too much though...

14. JonathanK

JonathanK Well-Known Member

I love weed. Its my favourite anti-depressant. There's no way to OD on it, and I feel like myself on it. There isn't much of a personality change. CVS should be selling the stuff next to the aspirin.

15. twc

twc Well-Known Member

Marijuana is good for your body.

It can sometimes be good for your mind, sometimes the paranoia and isolation can be detrimental.

I personally have found it useful, especially in avoiding alcohol.

I don't get the strong mental effects that I used to, though. It's no longer psychedelic for me, just relaxing.

16. noPoint

noPoint Well-Known Member

Marijuana is easily addictive, and a chemically dependent drug.

The best advice your going to get is looking it up online, or talking to your doctor or a experienced psychiatrist.

From long term use you will experience lack of apetite, and it will be harder to sleep for a while. You may suffer from anxiety and depression also.

But then again, I only waisted five years of my life smoking it, so what would I know.

17. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Not big into pot myself. I've done it more times than I can remember... but recently it mostly only gives me anxiety.

But I DO know many friends who are addicted. I've heard that it is not physically addicting, but I KNOW that it can be mentally addicting. My friend recently quit smoking pot and she has been doing a lot better. If you want to quit... I suggest starting at NA if you don't have a support network already. My friend did it without NA, but I know that she has friends who support her (including me), and not everyone has that. NA can be the support you need in quitting.

I wish you luck weather you decide to quit or not. I was only assuming you wanted to quit because you posted here about it :hug:

18. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

whats the difference between pot and grass?

I call weed; pot, grass, chronic, mary J, and the list goes on.

Either way, i used to smoke pretty heavily, and it does kinda cause depression if you spend nearly the entire day with the pipe in your hand (like i have). It'll deplete all your dopamine and you'll hit depression.

I usually use it as a pick me up when i'm feeling crazily down, or something like that. I don't smoke much anymore, but i will sometimes.

19. twc

twc Well-Known Member

There is no difference between pot and grass, they are just different names.

Hashish aka hash is concentrated resin from marijuana.

It's all weed.

It is not physically addictive, and it is impossible to overdose from it.

Some people like it, some don't. But it can be isolating.

20. Ben

Ben Member

Apparently caffeine is more addictive that weed. I've smoked it on and off for about 2 years now. I went through a month or so where I got high practically every day, and after the short term effects had died off there was nothing detremental about it that I would associate with the weed itself, except that I failed a heroin test which leads me to believe my dealer was an asshole. I've never had withdrawl but I fell ill for a day or two shortly after, so i'm not sure if it was related to it being laced.

If I truly wanted to I could quit smoking pot right this second for the rest of my life, although physically speaking, it's really not as bad as we're lead to believe.

My advice, don't smoke every day, and make sure you can trust the guy you're buying it off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.