marijuanna & bipolar/depression

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by K_L_B2000, Apr 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. K_L_B2000

K_L_B2000 New Member

is that a good combo. recently ive been off meds, dont have access to em . been off for 4 months. so i somewhat depend on it to get things done. When i dont have Marijuanna its harder getting up in the morning,etc.

I am always tired, and unmotivated...

my depression is bad....i had one prior suicide attempt. I just want help need to change.

but most places drug test, so that little habit can hinder me from work,etc.
  2. may71

may71 Well-Known Member

I would say that mj and bipolar are not a good combo. sorry you don't have access to meds, maybe you can explain

there maybe other ways you can get meds

you might want to check out the book in my signature

has some self-help methods
  3. jordan.

jordan. Member

I'm way depressed. Started smoking weed. Grades improved, I was way more chill, I started eating again.

One thing you should never do? Never ever never NEVER smoke alone. I got left alone for five minutes once and tried to off myself. Make sure you've got good friends to keep you busy, to keep you smiling. :)
  4. wheresmysheep

wheresmysheep Staff Alumni

I am NOT advocating weed. In any sense.

I have been told by my GP that I am bipolar, but I am not medicated as mood stabalizers make me shake, as if i was suffering from parkinsons (no joke) and my choosen career is art based, so if i shake i cant do what makes me happy (see the dilemma)
    I aproached my GP with this issue, and she indirectly told me to try alternate medication.
    Now I havent done this, I have smoked previously, and yes i found it helped me concentrate, and focus, which is hard during bad times of mania. But I havent smoked since she said it.
    I'm iffy about doing it, as teh side effects of smoking are a draw back: - I'm paranoid as hell as it is, the low points are very low without being amplified by smoking as well, the health side effects too, bad for breathing etc. (tho i had thought about switching tobacco for herbal tobacco) Theres alot to think about.
    also the fact its illegal.
    Its all so complicated.
  5. doityourself

doityourself Well-Known Member

I have self medicated since I was 14, and agree with both, sometimes its the only thing that helps me from snapping but then again it brings me down and causes more problems. Can never win, If I still had the choice I would have never started smoking.
  6. VALIS

VALIS Well-Known Member

I tend to agree with the people who have bipolar disorder and have noticed a positive effect from using marijuana. In the state where I live, medical use is legal if you have a doctor's permission- there are many medical reasons why a prescription may be written, and bipolar disorder is one of them.

while I never had a pot prescription, I went through a catatonic depression before I began taking medication and for 3 months, the only way I could GET OUT OF BED, LITERALLY, would be to change my brain chemistry by smoking pot. In the cases where medication isn't available, doesn't work, etc. I personally am of the opinion that if mj works, the benefits far outweigh the costs. For me, it was the difference between complete inability to move and function or being somewhat able to get up and get things done. Medication would be my first choice because it's more regulated and predictable, but if it doesn't work out, pot can.
  7. mynewusername

mynewusername Active Member

i suffer from bi-polar and found that smoking weed used to help me with it greatly- calming during manic, cheering me up during depressive phases. but after more than 15 years smoking i now have to be very careful with it, wrong time/place/people/mood and it can set off serious paranoia in me, which will then usually lead to depression much worse than if i hadnt smoked any. so yes it can help a lot but dont treat it as the final answer
  8. Arthur-Amelia

Arthur-Amelia Active Member

I think its different for everyone, everyone's body chemistry is going to react differently to this drug. For me the only drawback is the amount of money it costs. I'm ok financially, but I'd be rich if I didn't smoke. To me it is enjoyable and not a hindrance in any way, but it can be dangerous if it doesn't mix well with you. be careful and use your best judgement.
  9. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

There is something called a vapouriser - range from fairly cheap to almost insane with the £300 one which is handmade in Germany! Its called the Volcano and I saw this in Holland! A vapouriser needs NO tobacco or herbal tobacco - its does not 'burn' the weed, just heats it up so a vapour, not smoke, is inhaled.

If your spending a serious amount on your smoke - then even spending £300 on the Volcano would see you get that money back soon enough. The cheapest ones are not electronic, they are just basic glass pipes and you heat up the weed underneath. Its OK I guess - but not ideal. The electronic ones - they are the best and good at keeping your place smelling nice for visitors! The vapour is trapped until you use it. the Volcano has a little bag on it - cut to size - and you can use it or leave it for later!

Ideal for any medical users.

At a party it would be fired up all night - but it creeps up on you and people thinking its its not for real would be crawling home. there is always some loud-mouth who just has to have a 20 foot bag or something. you can actually go that far - well if someone is annoying at a party - and an adult of sound (ish) mind - its funny to see them sway from side to side - claim they are fine, before they go white and vanish into a corner and later recover to eat 3 kebabs.

Safer than alcohol - nobody dies!

Worth a look. I guess you can build one if your handy. It legal to build one - but do check about laws before putting anything illegal in it!

Read some of the reports on it also online. Youtube and so on.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.