MARK TWAIN

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by WALLY GASKIN, Oct 1, 2016.

1. WALLY GASKIN

WALLY GASKIN Well-Known Member

STRANGE,A GOD WHO COULD MAKE GOOD CHILDREN AS EASILY AS BAD,YET PREFERRED TO MAKE BAD ONES.WHO MADE THEM PRIZE THEIR BITTER LIFE,YET STINGILY CUT IT SHORT.MOUTHS GOLDEN RULES AND FORGIVENESS SEVENTY TIMES SEVEN AND INVENTED HELL.WHO MOUTHS MORALS TO OTHER PEOPLE,AND HAS NONE HIMSELF.WHO FROWNS UPON CRIMES,YET COMMITS THEM ALL.WHO CREATED MAN WITHOUT INVITATION,THEN TRIES TO SHUFFLE THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR MANS ACTS UPON MAN,INSTEAD OF HONORABLY PLACING IT WHERE IT BELONGS,UPON HIMSELF.AND FINALLY WITH ALTOGETHER DIVINE OBTUSENESS,INVITES THE POOR ABUSED SLAVE TO WORSHIP HIM.

Serein likes this.
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Elaborate what you're talking about?

3. WALLY GASKIN

Hey not sure what you want me to elaborate on.This is Mark Twains opinion on god.

4. Aquarius123

Aquarius123 Well-Known Member

Well, everybody is entitled to their own opinion! :)

5. WALLY GASKIN

True,religion and non religion is a huge and vast mix of opinions.We all have different opinions because we do not know the true facts.This is why,there are over 4,200 religions in the world,and every one is right.One would think,that if there is one god and one true religion,we would all be on the same track.I will be the first to say that I dont know and no one else does either.

6. WALLY GASKIN

DEAR AQUARIUS 123,HOW ARE YOU DOING?HOPE EVERYTHING IS OK.

Aquarius123 likes this.
  7. That's 1 / billions opinion on God :p

8. DrownedFishOnFire

If you said it word for word and did not give the author credit for it that's plagiarism. Hence me asking to elaborate, Wally Gaskin.

9. Aquarius123

Thanks for enquiring. All is well with me. I hope the same is true for you and you're having a good weekend.

God bless and take care,
    Aquarius

WALLY GASKIN likes this.
  10. WALLY GASKIN

Yes,thats why you see the name MARK TWAIN in very large,and easy to see letters.Sometimes you just have to pay attention.

11. WALLY GASKIN

Thank You,Im glad everything is ok.Im doing better than usual.It feels good to feel good.Until next time, PEACE and LOVE to you.

12. DrownedFishOnFire

Nope you need to pay attention to the grammatical rules when quoting. We have to put a quotation mark before and after a statement then put the author name either before in implication or after the quote as you didn't do it. This is a basic reading rule and to put a Authors name on the title is just a title itself. A separate page followed the title. This isn't getting you anywhere to argue. Especially using all caps lock which is considered yelling or being rude. I'm not here to argue, I'm just stating the facts. Next time do those and we will have a cool discussion as this author has been a childhood author of mine.

WALLY GASKIN likes this.
  13. WALLY GASKIN

(Mark Twain 1835-1910)

DrownedFishOnFire likes this.
  14. WALLY GASKIN

(Mark Twain 1835-1910)

15. Aquarius123

Have you considered that Mark Twain could have been wrong? In my view, he most certainly was.

16. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure it was twain who also said (paraphrasing)
    How powerful are we, that two humans can conspire to force God to create another soul.

He was a great mind, I have read many books by, and about, him.

His views on religion are much the same as mine, although as I have learnt over the years, arguing about a fact and a truth are futile as they are often thought to be the same thing