Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by hammockmonkey, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hammockmonkey

hammockmonkey Well-Known Member

I wish I could be a martyr. To die for some sort of cause. Love? No, I don't "believe" in love, at least romantic love. Faith? In what? Evolution? (Even if it's only a theory. No, no one wants a martyr in science. So what can I die for? The sins of all humankind? That's already been done. A million dollars? But for who? My family? Yeah, but the insurance company won't pay out for a suicide, so it would have to be ruled "accidental." I don't think they have a category for martyrs. Besides, that is just so selfish, it completely defeats the purpose of what I want to die for. Something grand, meaningful, beautiful. I'd like to be the martyr for all beautiful things. Not gay shit like sunrises and sunsets, thats all pollution anyways, and who wants to be a martyr for pollution? I could be the martyr for some grand artist! Yeah, my death could inspire some sort of awesome works! Only problem is I don't think any of my artist friends would care enough. Not good enough friends. Or, perhaps I could write a book and kill myself, I mean that could happen. Afterall any somewhat literate person (like myself) can write. I mean sure, I'm not the next Stephen King or JK Rowlings (hey, maybe they don't write the best prose they just sell a hell of a lot of books, and that's what counts.) I could become a nut job extremist environmentalist and blow myself up with some CEOs of Exxon mobile or Shell . . . . That seems intriguing. But then I'd have to go to like terrorist school or something. Or, worse, somehow be hired by Exxon and work my way up till I got close to the bosses and then BOOM! That'd be waaay to much work. I'm think short term plans here, nothing that'd take up that much time. Maybe I could invent something awesome, like the transporter, think star trek, how friggin' sweet would that be? But then I'd be a mass murderer, and not a martyr.

fuck it dude, let's go bowling.
  2. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

You've got the two mixed up.. The cause would be the inital place of yourself, a marytr is takeing yourself and your beliefes to an extreme.

But you're not talking from a cause to an extreme, you're only talking about the extreme and belittleing a term, being 'the cause'.

So you want that extreme? Donno where to go from here, cause ... I get that, but I believe it's totally empty. It's Like a shockwave to a system. Everything works works together, but an explosion to the senses can sometimes warm up perceptions and envoke certain feelings.

Depends on why you'd want to be a martyr. For everyone else, or for yourself. But at the end of this little talk, your not thinking like a true martyr, because your approach isn't .. it's not right.

Disruption, to what end? For the world or yourself? or something else all together?

To die for something truly beautiful?
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.