Mask

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Romancer, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

If you're hiding your true self, and I mean majority of thoughts (dark ones and others), secrets, things you did, ... and you don't show it to anyone, not even your closest friend(s)-is it still called friendship?
    I know that we all have secrets, but if your friend, the one you have the deepest connection with, doesn't know what's troubling you the most, does he or she know you at all, and can you say that your friendship is real?

2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Well... if you are hiding a lot of yourself and they only see part of who you are then it can still be considered friendship. What you are showing them is still an extension of who you are. might not be the full you but its still you. I think many people on here are like that... Only one person knows the full on "me" I don't let anybody else get to know me that well.

3. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

but what if those secrets could change their opinion about you completely? then the friendship itself wasnt strong/real enough to survive that.

4. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Well in that case... its not worth the friendship if they don't stick with you. I mean yeah you can still have a friendship without telling them everything but the real friends stick with you no matter what and those are the friends worth having.

5. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Kankuro is right. It's still friendship, but only true lifelong friends will accept you for who you truly are. But do you need your friends to know everything? None of my friends completely know me, but I still consider some of them to be true friends, because what they do know about me they have accepted.

I hope that helps, somehow! I'm not able to think very coherently tonight!
    Mim

6. The Scream

The Scream Well-Known Member

i think there's a difference between "contacts" and friends...

whereas friends know what's troubling you, try to help you with (emotional) stuff, know who you like, who you don't like, how you see things in your future, etc....

and contacts rather being people you have fun with while hanging out, but they don't need to know everything about you and they don't have to agree with anything you say or whatever, but you can still hang out with them everyday and do fun stuff together...