Masks

StrangeRanger

Just Another Heathen
Yes I do, work made it mandatory but I like taking precautions especially with the safety of others & myself. I live with people who dont have the best immune systems so I have to be on top of it. It's crazy to see peoples perspective in the everyday with wearing or not wearing one, & theres a lot of people who bewilder me with the reasons why

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
In the US, it's become a political and moral issue, rather than being about science. So what else is new. Here in Finland, almost nobody is wearing masks. I'm going to start wearing one on the bus and train when the winter sets in. I already had Covid back in March, so my T-Cells are still primed to cast it off. Also, I've been taking 60 mk of Vitamin D3, daily. That makes me extra Covid bouncy like teflon.

Walker

Admin
SF Social Media
SF Author
SF Supporter
No one wears one there huh? wow okay well thats interesting.
Yeah, it's mandatory almost everywhere here so yeah I'm wearing one.
I'm forced to wear them at work and in the stores. You're not forced to like out in the open air, say a park or walking the dog and I wouldn't opt to if I were doing those things. (I feel like the "air" is enough somehow to keep that safe enough)

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
The official recommendation here is to wear a mask on busses and trains. But it isn't mandatory, it's just a suggestion from the government. Even the bus drivers go maskless. The only reason I don't wear one all the time is because I can't frickin breathe when I'm wearing one. But I've always got on in my pocket in case somebody starts coughing and sneezing.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Wearing a mask is obviously a good move. Whilst not offering 100% protection (better odds would be by using a FPP3 respirator), it's better than nothing. However, current research suggests that immunity can drop down from 3 months onwards after being hit with Covid so go a bit careful Dan, although it seems like you're already taking sensible precautions.

That Vit D3 is quite an interesting concept. From what I know, more work is needed to fully ascertain it's effect on Covid-19 be it preventative so improved recovery times. Either way, dropping that amount is a good move for most people. considering those in the Northern Hemispheres are entering piss poor daylight season and so we can always do with a top of of the good 'ol Vit D.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
We have to wear a mask when in a business including work. I don’t like them because my breath fogs my glasses. In tai chi I have to take my glasses off because of my breathing
My glasses fogging up happens to me too. So in other words, I try to do the right thing, but then I can't breathe and I can't see.

I used to get foggy glasses as well. Few ways around that, one is to use one of those anti-fogging sprays which stops the lenses from misting up. Applying soapy water can also help although personally, I'd be careful if you have treated lenses.

Another way is to get one of those masks with a nasal clip which forms a nice seal around the nose and so restricting breathed air moving up and onto the lenses. Failing that, can also try surgical tape to form a better seal.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Wearing a mask is obviously a good move. Whilst not offering 100% protection (better odds would be by using a FPP3 respirator), it's better than nothing. However, current research suggests that immunity can drop down from 3 months onwards after being hit with Covid so go a bit careful Dan, although it seems like you're already taking sensible precautions.

That Vit D3 is quite an interesting concept. From what I know, more work is needed to fully ascertain it's effect on Covid-19 be it preventative so improved recovery times. Either way, dropping that amount is a good move for most people. considering those in the Northern Hemispheres are entering piss poor daylight season and so we can always do with a top of of the good 'ol Vit D.
According to what I've read, heard, and watched, it's the t-Cells that give us long term protection after a Covid infection.

This bloke is an actual doctor and shit. He's educated me a lot, although interestingly enough, I was promoting VD3 long before I knew he existed. I'd be super interested to see what you think of the info he's been putting out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I see people who are wearing thick cloth masks. I salute them, it's a good thing, but I really don't understand how they're able to breathe. Even with the flimsy paper one, I can't breathe. But I smoked for around 30 years, and I'm 54, so, there's that, I guess.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
According to what I've read, heard, and watched, it's the t-Cells that give us long term protection after a Covid infection.

This bloke is an actual doctor and shit. He's educated me a lot, although interestingly enough, I was promoting VD3 long before I knew he existed. I'd be super interested to see what you think of the info he's been putting out.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Campbellteaching

I've just been doing a bit of "revision" lol. TCells can be considered to be the enigmatic components of the immune system. Those babies can potentially pack a greater punch than your antibodies. Levels of which can help to explain the differences in response within individuals to this bastard of a virus.
Research has shown that for some, they can have TCells geared up to deliver a mighty slap to the corona virus irrespective of whether there has been exposure, something which an antibody requires. In your case, it seems you have been blessed with an army of TCells all geared up and ready to go into action.

So, perhaps, as well as looking into antibody research, TCell immunity should also be considered.

This John Campbell bloke seems to be on the level and know what he's talking about. Looks like he's held quite a few high end positions in his time. I've skimmed through a couple of his YT broadcasts and he does seem to know his shit.

Re handwashing, I was hoping he would be extolling the virtues of using soap over those handgels where it came to viral management.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
I've just been doing a bit of "revision" lol. TCells can be considered to be the enigmatic components of the immune system. Those babies can potentially pack a greater punch than your antibodies. Levels of which can help to explain the differences in response within individuals to this bastard of a virus.
Research has shown that for some, they can have TCells geared up to deliver a mighty slap to the corona virus irrespective of whether there has been exposure, something which an antibody requires. In your case, it seems you have been blessed with an army of TCells all geared up and ready to go into action.

So, perhaps, as well as looking into antibody research, TCell immunity should also be considered.

This John Campbell bloke seems to be on the level and know what he's talking about. Looks like he's held quite a few high end positions in his time. I've skimmed through a couple of his YT broadcasts and he does seem to know his shit.

Re handwashing, I was hoping he would be extolling the virtues of using soap over those handgels where it came to viral management.
Even though he has that maddening upper crust British tendency to pronounce the 'r' like an 'l' (The histoly of the Blitish Empire in Eurlop) I like him and for months have thought of him as being my main source of Covid info,

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
Even though he has that maddening upper crust British tendency to pronounce the 'r' like an 'l' (The histoly of the Blitish Empire in Eurlop) I like him and for months have thought of him as being my main source of Covid info,
Sooner or later he'll have you drinking tea and eating cucumber sandwiches minus the crust in the afternoons.

Human Ex Machinae

Void Where Prohibited
Sooner or later he'll have you drinking tea and eating cucumber sandwiches minus the crust in the afternoons.
I'm still too American for tea (if you're gonna go to all that trouble, why not just go ahead and make coffee?). And cucumber sandwiches? Same. If you're gonna get up and go make a bunch of sandwiches, why not make real fucking sandwiches, that contain actual cheese and meat.

Ash600

Of dust and shadows
SF Creative
SF Supporter
I'm still too American for tea (if you're gonna go to all that trouble, why not just go ahead and make coffee?). And cucumber sandwiches? Same. If you're gonna get up and go make a bunch of sandwiches, why not make real fucking sandwiches, that contain actual cheese and meat.
I might be British, but I don't do tea. If I did, it wouldn't have any of that milky bollocks floating around in the cup.

As for sandwhiches, if there's no meat and at least 3 other ingredients, then personally, I'm not interested.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
You don't make coffee because its gross and tea is better. Nobody eats cucumber sandwiches.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I might be British, but I don't do tea. If I did, it wouldn't have any of that milky bollocks floating around in the cup.

As for sandwhiches, if there's no meat and at least 3 other ingredients, then personally, I'm not interested.
Perhaps the lack of tea (milk included) is the thing your life is missing and, with it, you would find a peace and harmony you have only previously dreamed of?

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00