Mass shooters;Why do they do what they do?

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Petal, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

2. Senada

Senada Well-Known Member

Me neither. I just really don't get it. How someone can get this extreme.

Kinda a weak spot for me and a lot of my fellow country nationals, though. The date July 22nd will never be the same again for us.
    "We are so few in this country, every fallen man is a brother or friend." - Nordahl Grieg
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You can never know for sure what goes through some peoples heads. Some say they were bullied, well I was bullied too, and some people have really hurt me...but I couldn't imagine doing anything to hurt them. I don't see what getting revenge or doing something like this would solve.
  4. Petal

5. Petal

I think exactly like you. I was severely bullied too, I believe in Karma, what comes around goes around, they'll never have any luck for it. Plus what's the point in revenge? You will be the one to look like a coward. And holding anger like that isn't healthy.
  6. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think there are many different reasons why people do this. I abhore these evil acts and I think all in all, there is absolutely no excuse for what they have done.

The first reason, psychopathy. These people have no emotion, they get off on manipulating people and they don't care how their actions affect other people. They are usually victims of abuse from an early age or have witnessed terrible things. They appear normal and fit in with society, but they have this hate and vengeful streak in them and have no empathy. Some will feel that they need to get revenge on society, they go on crazy mass murdering sprees. Or they become rapists or serial killers. Because they appear normally to society, maybe a little reclusive it is very hard for anyone to pick up on any warning signs to get them the psychiatric help they need.

Second reason, psychosis. For someone who is really ill with psychosis, some may think they are messiah's from God (or other force) and they believe that they have been chosen to do these horrific acts because it is god (or other force) that has entrusted them to do this for the greater good. There are usually a lot of warning signs with psychosis and it can be nipped in the bud once recognised, but untreated psychosis can be very dangerous for the sufferer and potentially the public if they have delusions of this kind.

Third reason, religious fanatics. They become so full of hatred for other religions and races that they commit acts of terror in the name of "God". It's disgusting and I hate religious fanatics from all religions. The only place for them is in jail or in hell, if they believe in hell, then I hope they rot.

In all cases, all should be able to recognise that they have a serious problem and that their thought processes are not normal, perhaps with a little exception with sufferers of psychosis because it tends to be their reality, but those around them should be able to notice a serious problem and they should contact doctors or emergency services ASAP.
  7. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

1) Life.

2) Breaking point.

3) Rage. Wanting to go out with a bang and take everyone with them.

Easy enough for me to understand. Crystal clear.
  8. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

i think they feel lonely and meaningless and decide to lash out before they die. i have always felt i have no right to end another persons life.
  9. Senada

Senada Well-Known Member

Before they die? "Our" guy is in prison, and as I understood it he never intended to die during the whole thing either.
  10. justMe7

justMe7 Well-Known Member

All depends on the person... it's like saying. ."Why do people commit suicide". :|
    Why do people hate, why do people melt down, why do people cry, why do people go numb, why do people ect :|
    It depends too on wether it's someone working in/from a society/community logical point, or if they're working from their own personal being. What someone puts into their perceptions, feelings, sensations, thought processes, is going to be different to the next. Profiling is a dangerous thing imo, it works but..
    Don't think you'll ever get an answer. Unknowns suck eh, for some people they retaliate against unknowns just so they can "know". Some people respond because they've let themselves be "used/abused" for years, or feel that they have been on some level. Some people lose a mental structure and retaliate accordingly. Some people hate and find only comfort in a hateful thought pattern. Some people want relief from the shit around them and feel the only way to feel alive or in control is to do something that's "impossible" to them. Some people feel alive simply by planning or thinking about it because they feel "zombified" by the rest of their life and the life around then. Some people find it is the only way to appease mass amounts of abuse and associate blame and pain onto affiliated people and surroundings. Some people hate what society has done to them and people they care about and relaliate accordingly. Some people see and project horrors of their own thoughts and feelings onto things/people around them. Some people lose control ect ect

:( sigh. No one should suffer to feel that violence or hate is a means to live. Or should feel that violence or hate is a means to end.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.